The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 AM

Default Degenerative Disc Disease - Autoimmune

the FM may be the cause of it all

I think degenerative discs should also be on the list of disability approval...such as for this man

I think it is an advance effect of 'the anemia' the BUTYL causes such as 2-butoxyethanol (AVOID any more exposure)

Military Need Expanded Presumptive Lists

For approving Medical Disability during Service to the USA

to include any autoimmune issue that springs out of CFIDS
... even degenerative disks (Degenerative Disk Disease - an autoimmune issue)... take a look at the links ... those with the worst treatment are the 'gulf war syndrome' vets and after that will be today's

The worst pesticide our Soldiers have been (& are being) exposed to
LEUKEMOID REACTION
  • Classically, in IMHA the stimulation of the bone marrow is so strong that even the white blood cells lines (which have very little to do with this disease but which also are born and incubate in the bone marrow along side the red blood cells) are stimulated. This leads to white blood cell counts that are spectacularly high.
http://www.valdezlink.com/re/highwbc.htm

The Proper View of CFIDS, CFS, FM, ME
more helps to find the fatigue - the anemia
Cold to the Core
Quote:

Is it really worth fighting the VA for Gulf War Syndrome? It seems to me they just want to identify you to ridicule you and deny you benefits. I served in the Navy from July 76 until Jul 96 when I finally retired with my full 20 as a Chief Fire Control man FCC (SW). I went out after spending nine of my last 12 months of active duty on limited duty. In July of 1995 I had a doctor who had been after me to go on limited duty for about six months and after getting a complete a$$hole for an XO I took him up on his offer. At the time I was having problems with weakness in my left arm, (MRI's showed a herniated disc in my neck and a couple, out of many, nerve tests showed some pinching of a nerve) at the same time I was seeing a rheumatologist for joint/muscle aches, headaches and what they called DIMS ( Diminished ability to Induce and Maintain Sleep). Mind you I had been hiding the joint and muscle pain for years in fear of getting a medical retirement. During the course of the exams I was having the doctor was having a hard time locating reflexes in my left arm so he sent me to Bethesda to see a neuro surgeon so off my wife and I went. During the exam in Bethesda the doctor told me he was unable to get any reflexes anywhere in my body to react at all. He believed I had Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and should go back to my doctor in Mayport. I went back to FL and my Doctor did a spinal tap ( man talk about the mother of all head aches) and ruled out MS, in the mean time I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I was sent to Charleston on 9 month TAD orders to be close to my family, went back to Florida for 3 months, finished out my 20 and retired, no retirement ceremony or party, no end of service award, no thank you for your service, no transition assistance program, no benefits briefing , nothing, just one day I wore a uniform and the next day I didn't.

After I retired I approached civilian life just like I did military I worked hard to be successful. But things were getting harder and harder. When I first got out I applied for benefits for my neck and I had bad knees as well as sinus surgery, knee surgery and a rebuilt ankle. I continued to work hard ( as a Realtor). Being a successful Realtor takes long hours, working 60+ hour weeks and never having a day off. You have to be there when your clients are ready, day night or afternoon, weekday or weekend. So please all of you appreciate what your Realtor does for you. Any way after a while the body aches became to much and I was not able to put in the hours I once was able to. The fatigue was getting to me and there began to be days that I just could not function. I asked fro an increase in my compensation fro fibromyalgia (which at the time was only 10%) and I began to go to Voc Rehab training because I knew I would not be able to continue the long hours Real Estate required to earn a living.

Lungs Filling up with fluid:

In In Jan 2003 I became ill and was having severe pain when breathing, my doctors took some x-rays and decided I had pneumonia and treated me with 10 days of antibiotics, a follow up appointment showed no improvement, they then started another course of stronger antibiotics. Another follow up with no improvements. The x-ray showed a large amount of fluid on my left lung. My doctor took me aside and explained to me what was going on. He had consulted with another doctor and I was going to have to go into the hospital for some test to rule out TB and cancer. I went in, they drained 900ml off my left lung. Spent 10 days in hospital. Tets were neg for TB and cancer. Was out of hospital for 10 days when it all started to happen again. This time fluid was too thick to drain and I ended up with having my chest spread open and having lung surgery to remove the mess. I spent 4 days in ICU and 10 more days in hospital. I now have only about 50% lung capacity. Subsequent follow up with the consulting rheumatologist shows it was an autoimmune attack due to unspecified rheumatoid disease. I had a similar episode in 1985 but the doctor (an internist) was never able to figure out what happened. I applied for benefits based on that and of course the VA denied my claim. They say there is no service connection and it is probably related to the fibromyalgia for which I already receive compensation. I asked my doctor to review my active duty service record which he did and he pointed out several things that were over looked and why my current illness was undiagnosed while on active duty, that there were signs of it going all the way back to 1979 and that it was completely separate from my fibromyalgia. I filled an appeal and have another C&P exam with the VA in a week. I am currently rated at 70% ( they dropped me from 80 to 70 because they said that even though I now have 2 more herniated discs in my neck and one more in my back my degenerative disc disease is getting better). I am hoping to finally get a 100% rating because due to my illness and the side effect of the meds I take I have never been unable to work since May of 03. I now suffer from near constant muscle/joint pain, fatigue, depression, headaches ( that can last as long as a month at a time), have trouble sleeping, morning stiffness, and fogginess. I tried for Social Security ( on my own) with out knowing the system and was turned down. hey told me to go back to Real Estate. So much for the government you protected supporting you. I was too embarrassed to appeal. I guess I should try again.

How does all this tie into the Gulf War? I was over there aboard ship but I never figured I was effected by GWS. I was over there long after the peak of hostilities were over ( first half of 93). Of course we got an array of shots and pills prior to deployment but I don't know where my shot record is and there is nothing in my medical record. As a Fire Control man I worked on the Navy's Close In Weapons System (CIWS) which fired 20mm DU rounds. We fired the rounds all the time and of course had to clean the gun and police up the deck for the sabots and debris as well as daily exposure to the magazine. This of course meant exposure to solvents when cleaning the gun and its systems. Shipboard life naturally meant some exposure to pesticides because the corpsman would have to routinely spray for pests. How much if any of this can or has attributed to where I am today I don't know but is it worth going to the VA and having them poke and probe me even more then they have? Is it worth them trying to discredit what I have already fought so hard for? It seems to me the people who would have the most exposure were the ground troops involved in the actual ground war. Believe I could be wrong as I am as far from being a knowledge source as one can be. It just seems that the VA should be there to support the Veterans not to make their lives a nightmare. The worst part is is that it seems like no one cares. We are yesterdays garbage set out to the curb for collection and disposal. brokendown&old

Jan, 2005 Source

http://www.valdezlink.com/gwv/brokendown.htm

Quote:
As a Fire Controlman I worked on the Navy's Close In Weapons Sysytem (CIWS) which fired 20mm DU rounds. We fired the rounds all the time and of course had to clean the gun and police up the deck for the sabots and debris as well as daily exposure to the magazine. This of course meant exposure to solvents when cleaning the gun and its systems. Shipboard life naturally meant some exposure to pesticides because the corpsman would have to routinely spray for pests.

My dad was also FCC in the Navy in WWII.

He, I believe, had this chemical exposure I'm concerned about. I think it is in bomb fumes that get in your eyes; also it is what guns are cleaned with, most likely. Based on his death at about age 62 (too young too die) and the changes in his personality/health ... and some minor birth defects me and my brother have ... I do believe that the syndrome X and diabetes that I showed up for me in recent years ...is a late to show up birth defect. Some thoughts on this here:

Why the epidemic of DIABETES in WWII nations?

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Default and lead to stenosis of the spine?

Are the various kinds of stenosis autoimmune?

What is stenosis?
http://www.valdezlink.com/re/health/...definition.htm

I think that by the time these things show up,
you would also have the fatigue of CFIDS, CFS, FM:

When did 'this fatigue' start up? Do you recall a serious flu? Exposure to the autoimmune causing chemicals: glycol ethers 'LOOKS LIKE THE FLU'

http://www.valdezlink.com/re/theanemia3.htm

Doctors miss a lot of autoimmune hemolytic anemia because too many autoimmune issues start up at once, messing up 'what the numbers mean'

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM

Shared this thread with Bob. He has three bulging disks and one herniated in the lower back. (His wife is an oil painter, wonder whether glycol ether fumes are in the air?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:01 AM

Default What is glycol ether? What help is there?

An autoimmune disorder occurs when a person's immune system mistakenly attacks their own body tissues. Different autoimmune disorders include diabetes, Graves' disease, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, sclerodoma and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Suspect exposure to Glycol Ether (especially 2-butoxyethanol) for causing 'the flu' * and many autoimmune health issues thereafter (CFIDS, CFS, FM) What are the glycol ethers? * *
Glycol: any of a class of organic chemicals characterized by having separate two hydroxyl (-OH) groups, contribute to high water solubility, hygroscopicity and reactivity with many organic compounds, on usually linear and aliphatic carbon chain. The general formula is CnH2n(OH)2 or (CH2)n(OH)2
http://www.valdezlink.com/re/vets/aglycolether.htm
IVIG Stops Alzheimer's in Its TracksI think this study is exactly on the right track, not just for memory loss, but most autoimmune issues which I suspect is from glycol ether poisoning. Exposure to glycol ether is almost impossible to avoid; many medications contain glycol ethers. When in more widespread use, the cost should come down http://www.valdezlink.com/re/health/gammaglobulin/avertsautoimmune.htm
Ask your doctors about immunoglobulin therapy IVIG
in which good immune cells will neutralize the attacking immune cells * *
Guillain-Barré syndrome: an autoimmune disease that damages sensory and motor nerves," Dr. Armond Goldman, an emeritus professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UTMB The paralysis which struck Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) in 1921 was not caused by poliomyelitis, as has been universally assumed by physicians and historians, according to researchers from the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB). They believe that the most likely cause of FDR's paralysis was Guillain-Barré syndrome. What did Pres FDR die of? Not polio, that's for sure. Not GBS, either. I suspect from the anemia that caused his 'chillsl'
CIDP Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy cidp *
CIDP is closely related to Guillain-Barre syndrome and it is considered the chronic counterpart of that acute disease.
9/19/2012

Web page of this thread: http://www.valdezlink.com/re/health/dd.htm
Old 10-21-2015, 02:41 PM

Thumbs up Margret - Thanks for all your input

Ya know I've read all of your post and I'm really proud of you for enlightening us on many of the issues. This one I - caught my attention as my last VA follow up they found three disk in compression (degenerate wasn't mentioned) but I would say it applies.

Found out I had low Vit D i'm not on 50K of this vitamin once a week for 12 weeks and then I go back for another blood test. What should I expect? If the low Vit D reading didn't improve? If it helps does this mean I have to stay on Vit D 50K per week?

Any side effect of taking this high dose?

Thanks Again for "all" your post - I've not seen enough thank you's from the viewers I know you are only looking for us - as you've already done for so many.

You are on my Triple AAA rating and I appreciate all your input in our behalf.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"