The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Robert J Ryan

Default Stupid Dream again

Had a recurring dream last night. Had this dream a couple of times before also. In the dream I am filling sand bags and when I stack the bag my hands come back with blood on them, I wipe them off on my fatigues and contine to fill bags. What a dumb dream.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default dreams

Im talking to a friend and we get shot at. He turns away from me and he is still talking. I turn him around and he has no face, but hes talking? What the hell?
Ron
Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Most of us that have PTSD have these dreams Ron. Mine is mostly the same one. I am in jungle fatiques with a 16 hiding in a collasped barn overlooking a field that ends in a tree line. I am alone. For some reason I know I am in Gettysberg , PA. Out of the woodline comes an NVA point man , walking right at me . Out of the wood line , on line, comes several hundred NVA. Point man keeps coming and I get a good sight picture on him. He keeps coming and I start to squeese the triger. He comes closer and our eyes lock as I am squeeseing the round out............. I wake up soaked , screaming and my heart racing. Have had this dream for 35 years. Talking to other vets helped me have this dream less often
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It was,...

..."explained to me as "holding the line against all odds" the last defense when there is no one there to help, no matter what the end result, which we all know is death, it's called Duty,...

...something we all undertook at different points in time, and circumstances, and swore to uphold, and did so without thought, or hesitation in the face of danger,...

..."the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few",
..."spock",...

...John, I think your Gettyberg sort of alligns itself with "The Charge of the Light Brigage" as so many were present, and I'm sure, many had the same feelings of being helpless with the sheer numers of those there attached, (opinion only),...

...edit,...

...Yea,... I can't get Leroy's cousin blowing my head off out of the picture show either,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-03-2006, 02:06 PM

I'm going back, always going back. Sometimes I'm getting ready to go back & sometimes I get back & things are downright weird.
Sometime I hope I dream that I'm coming home & then I'll never have that da*n dream again. Talk about feeling helpless.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Same two dreams for 38 years

I'm back in Vietnam. Sometimes I'm 20 years old again and other times 58 and got called back. The other dream is 100's of NVA comming through the wire. I keep firing but no one falls down and they just keep comming until I wake up in a sweat.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I forgot to mention, every time I get called back to Vietnam, wether I'm 20 or 58 its always in the same unit in the same place. I take great comfort, that the VA says I'm 100% normal and have 0% PTSD. When Travis lived here in Minnesota, he thought I should be re-evaluated.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My dream.

Although, I haven't had it for several years. It's based on a true incident. We get ambushed and it turns into a big-time gunfight. We're being lit up with RPG's, always something that elevated the fear-factor for me. At one point, a trooper with an arm blown off above the elbow goes running behind our line screaming "Will somebody tie this fucking thing off for me?" He never even slows down. Nobody moved to try to catch him. In the dream, I chase him but can never catch him. I'd wake up in a sweat, sometimes crying. Had it for years. Guilt, I guess. Now that I think on it, I quit having it not long after meeting most of you guys on the old History Channel board over 6yrs. ago. Thank you, Brothers.

The guy lived. I guess he ran until he was weak from the loss of blood and a medic got to him with a tourniquet. Never saw him again after dust-off took him away.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I'm in a barracks somewhere, sitting on the top bunk. I have my khakis on. Apparently I am trying to tell some soldiers ( who are ignoring me ) what to expect and how to survive in Vietnam. They seem to be cleaning M-16s ....Seems to go on forever. They will not even look at me....

Larry
Old 05-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Standing in the tower listening to the rounds go by my ear. Sounds something like sssk, sssk, sssk, sssk
So far they've missed.
Wake up in the real world wishing that I didn't go to sleep.