The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2006, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

COL Merry Christmas, to you and all your family.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2006, 12:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Merry

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET CHRISTmas Greetings to All from Afghanistan!

It has been 37 years since I spent my last CHRISTmas in a combat environment.
Wayne V. Morris
Col USMC (Ret)

President
WAYMOR Inc
Merry Christmas ... heres a back home breakfast burro for you (treated myself a while back after my Litter sojourns) so, virtually thats your Christmas present from Garcia.

And yours to me is a rendition, sung Filipino style 37 years ago ... of "Proud Mary" .... please.

I think we have enemies foreign and domestic the likes of which are quite biblical ... but you are an amazing person (from what I have gathered over the years ... if only virtually) ... and I know that you will do what you can.

Garcia
Old 12-25-2006, 05:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Merry Christmas..

love ya
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 12-25-2006, 05:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

MARINEVET, "Merry Christmas" May your days be pleasant and rewarding and the blessings of the season be yours
Old 12-27-2006, 07:53 AM

Again folks, just can't tell you (enuff) how much your comments mean to me and to all Our Deployed Warriors!

COLD as heck here today but no snow...muddy mudd is frozen tho, so it's not all bad...!!!!!!

As for Beau...ya really know how to hurt a guy...that BFast Burro and all!!!! :cl: But...I'll give ya a few bars of Proud Mary...Pilipino style:

EEEp you geet down to da Reeeber, peeepoes on da Reeeeber are ahhpppeee to geeeb...rolleeeng, rolleeeng, rollllllleeeeeeng on da Reeeeber.... Just loved the Filipino shows...!!!

Think I posted my COLD WX Photo earlier, but even more appropriate today!

Wishing all y'all a very Happy New Year!

Semper Fi from the COLD & Muddy Sands of Kandahar,
Old 12-27-2006, 10:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET : But...I'll give ya a few bars of Proud Mary...Pilipino style:

EEEp you geet down to da Reeeber, peeepoes on da Reeeeber are ahhpppeee to geeeb...rolleeeng, rolleeeng, rollllllleeeeeeng on da Reeeeber.... Just loved the Filipino shows...!!!
FOR ME .... OH, you shouldn't have ! You did that very well ...

Hang in there Col ... !

[man, yuh could get me goin on the flip side ... "i know you Bobby Gene, you puck aroun puck aroun ..." uncle mariano

["yooooooouuuu go pish pish. Bomb bye weeeee go downTOWN ... go see your Dadeee" uncle Vicente]

["in dah Pilipines, eep your dog eez missing and you see men picking dare teete, day ate YOUR DOg ... In dah Pilipines, a dog et any ting ... he eben eat YOUR SHIT !" A Pinay from work}

it gets better ... thx for the rendition.

Jeeeze ... yah mix a Mexican/Pinoy Amerian with a PWT ... and some how, by some divine miracle and a lot of caring ... yah get a great daughter (and that info is something that I think you can decipher base on the email lately)

Beau
Old 12-28-2006, 07:01 AM

Beau:

...yer killin' me...the PWT thing just gets better'n'better!!!!

I could swear that flick was of my (long passed on) Uncle Carl & Aunt Helen's kitchen...fine Ohio Countryfolk...back in the late '50s/early 60s...!

Guess that's the "Scoopy Cone" box that's been sittin' in the same place you/yours have been seein' it for years, eh? Bet those cones resemble Kevlar, now!

Net is really acting up tonite...FOURTH try to post this...gonna try one more time....

Semper Fi from the COOOOOLD & MUDDDDDY Sands of Kandahar,
Old 12-28-2006, 04:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

your Carl and aunt Helen were probably of the type that had simple needs and probably extended a helping hand to others now and then ... the good side of PWT.

Obviously I am not a card carrying PWT but I have sort of an Investigative Reporters summary ... [a discussion/flashback on the old 60s Television Consoles ... the big ones of wood and the cabinet doors ... "if they broke down, nobody fixed them, they just put a smaller television on top of it"]. And with regards to alot of the Internet graphic pics of Trailer Trash/Redneck stuff ... and even Foxworthy's "You know your a Redneck ... if" ... a real DNA card carrying PWT that I am significant to said the other day, after Christmas "I [ess word] on Jim Foxworthy" ... it does keep getting better with time.

soldado de los aguas cafe, Beau

(on the way home from taking my madre some Chicharonne [Pig Skins ... the real stuff] I passed by the Honky Tonk spot that my PWTs owned ... thats all it is now, a spot ... the Yuppies and City tore it down for something Yuppyish, I spose ... Oh, what my Inside Reporters eyes saw ... the indoor shuffle board with the sawdust and metal bottomed shuffles and the Pin Ball type scorekeeper ... The Juke Box with the likes of "North to Alaska", Patsy Cline, Conway Twitty ... the long bar filled with West Coast PWTs ... a gigantic jar of Hard Boiled Pickled Eggs ... and someones comes in the back door and yells "The Mexicans are fighting" ... .... .... .... another Honky Tonk bites the dust. But the "Scoopy's Cones" box is holding the line ... my kid remembers being givin a Scoopy Cone with a scoop ... I am certain it is out of that box and it must be nigh on 12 years old. "waist not, want not"
Old 12-30-2006, 07:55 AM

Yeah Beau...dem wuz da dayz!

The aunt & uncle WERE good folks...hard working...no aires about'm.

As for Honky Tonks and their demise...happens all over. Last time I was in Ohio (2005 for HS Reunion), I said to one of the guys, let's go get a beer at Vern's...they lookin' at me as if I wuz nuttz...me sayin' WHAT?...they sayin' Vern's is now a parkin' lot for a Quick Stop (Gas/food/etc)...ahhhhhhh the pain of it all...!

Semper Fi from the Sands of Kandahar,
Old 12-30-2006, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Good to "see" you Wayne

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET Yeah Beau...dem wuz da dayz!

The aunt & uncle WERE good folks...hard working...no aires about'm.

As for Honky Tonks and their demise...happens all over. Last time I was in Ohio (2005 for HS Reunion), I said to one of the guys, let's go get a beer at Vern's...they lookin' at me as if I wuz nuttz...me sayin' WHAT?...they sayin' Vern's is now a parkin' lot for a Quick Stop (Gas/food/etc)...ahhhhhhh the pain of it all...!

Semper Fi from the Sands of Kandahar,
Wayne--
Its really good to hear from you, you old adventurer, you. Almost makes me wish I could get out of this armchair and go some place REALY interesting.
Well, looks like I'll be going to Vietnam again this year although it'll be pretty tame compared to Affstan. Also going to Chile, Hawaii and down South again, Georgia and Lousiana, with AL and MS no doubt.
God Bless, Wayne and stay safe, ya ol jarhead, don't be assaulting no beaches--your country still needs you
Happy New Year
James