The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Pentagon Crackdown On Prostitution

U.S. troops stationed overseas could face courts-martial for patronizing prostitutes under a new regulation drafted by the Pentagon.

The move is part of a Defense Department effort to lessen the possibility that troops will contribute to human trafficking in areas near their overseas bases by seeking the services of women forced into prostitution.

In recent years, "women and girls are being forced into prostitution for a clientele consisting largely of military services members, government contractors and international peacekeepers" in places like South Korea and the Balkans, Rep. Christopher Smith, R-N.J., said Tuesday at a Capitol Hill forum on Pentagon anti-trafficking efforts.

Defense officials have drafted an amendment to the manual on courts-martial that would make it an offense for U.S. troops to use the services of prostitutes, said Charles Abell, a Pentagon undersecretary for personnel and readiness.

If approved, that would make it a military offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice to have contact with a prostitute, Lt. Col. Ellen Krenke, an Abell spokeswoman said later. The draft rule is open to 60 days public comment after being published in the Federal Register, she said.

Officials also are developing a training program for troops and contractors, to be distributed in November. The program will explain trafficking, department policy on it and possible legal action against violators, Abell said in a written statement.

Additionally, the military is reviewing regulations and procedures for placing off-limits those businesses where such activities take place and working with Justice Department officials to tighten rules on contractor misconduct.

Gen. Leon J. LaPorte, commander of the 37,000 U.S. troops in South Korea, said another initiative started on the peninsula has been to "make on-base military life a more desirable experience, and attempt to diminish the seductive appeal of many of the less wholesome off-duty pursuits."

That effort includes offering expanded evening and weekend education programs, band concerts, late-night sports leagues and expanded chaplains' activities.

All new arrivals to duty in Korea are warned about prostitution and human trafficking and the military is working with Korean law enforcement agencies, he said.

"In spite of all these efforts, we know that there are still some U.S. service members, Department of Defense civilians and contractor personnel who may continue to contact prostitutes and, thereby, be construed as supporting human trafficking," LaPorte said.

NATO officials in July outlined new guidelines adopted to ensure alliance peacekeepers do not encourage sex trafficking gangs by seeking the services of women forced into prostitution.

Those new rules followed accusations from human rights groups that NATO peacekeepers and civilian staff working for international organizations have fueled the growth of sexual slavery in the Balkans.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2004, 04:15 AM

Dav, It's a long way from my beloved cav having SIN CITY where we had clean whores life is a changing. OH WELL; I'm getting old. razz
Old 09-22-2004, 04:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Joe Hooker is rolling over in his grave !
Old 09-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Doc.2/47

Right.
Next they'll wanna pass legislation requireing water to run up hill.
No drinking.No sex.Just good clean killing.
There're some real sick-os running things.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The only way this will work

Is if Kerry gets elected. Are these people just complete Idiots or what!
Old 09-22-2004, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

My Squqdron Commander had to come sign me out of jail in Danang once , after I crashed a stolen jeep through an MP gate and overturned the jeep.There was also a boom - boom girl in a mail bag in the back of the jeep. I don't think I would do to good in todays Army
Old 09-22-2004, 10:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Not exactly a new plan as all who were taking in air and had shoulder or collar do-dads seemed to be overly concerned about this Sailor?s moral turpitude, ta dot ta da. As I recall, the pricy ?hostesses?, at the China Beach R&R facility were recruited and brought in from places like Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, etc. and good old Uncle Sugar?s R&R bunch was doing the recruiting and all. The joke at the time was the perennial question about if or if not the ?hostesses? had a Federal Stock Number tat on their ?rear bumper? or if there was a USDA stamp of some kind there abouts. Hmm, more Sailors? naughty talk methinks. :ek:

Aarrgg, tiz a useless notion that will create a lot more heat then light for sure. Back to the future and recruit the willing and eager I say. I?m sure there would be lots of volunteers to fill the necessary role of recruitment and quality assurance.

Scamp
Old 09-22-2004, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fellas...

It's truly a shame. The only thing that has historically always worked quite well for The U.S. Military,...people want to stop?

Maybe, and INSTEAD of locking-up soldiers for what soldiers normally do,...some pimps, madams and/or The Slavers (where applicable) should be locked-up INSTEAD.

Still, and in fairness to Sex Slave Trafficers, I just can't believe that all in whore houses are forced doing what they do for a living. Hell,...it's more than likely that MANY would recreationally do what "They" do for nothing, if not needing the money. Besides, sex any day of the week beats-the-hell-out-of just going bowling, to The PX, or to a movie.
Don't you think?

Neil
Old 09-22-2004, 11:37 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

So..The Pentagon has burdened itself with the dubious task of eradicating the world`s oldest profession,huh?

NEVA HOPPIN CHEE-EYE! There will forever be,in(In Lt`s case) or around military encampments,those that will offer to LUB YOU BOO-COO LONNNNNNGGGGGGG TI

Peace,Griz
Old 09-22-2004, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Trying to shut down,

Trying to shut down the oldest profession, virtually impossible. However, in the third world countries, especially Islam countries, slavery against women is a real problem. I do believe there are some serious issues which go beyond voluntary prostitution. So, think about it before you become to critical.

However, boys will be boys and girls will make money off those suckers.

Keith