The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2004, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Subclavian lines are a very routine process. They put them in a vein in the chest which does lead to the heart but just the Vena Cava just outside of the heart. I have seen hundreds of subclavians put in. In Vietnam I put them in. The worst thing I have ever seen happening is a collapsed lung. This is easily treated by a chest tube. From the perspective of the medical people it is a very routine procedure. It's use in chemo is that chemo can't get out into the tissues like an IV. It empties at the entrance to the heart so that the chemo drugs are maximally diluted as they enter the body. There have been literally millions of subclavian lines put in.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Chemo

Everything everyone knows about chemo is obsolete. Cancer treatment is the fastest changing branch of medicine. It still doesn't cure everyone but everything people know about it is wrong. Listen to the Doctor, but only if he is an oncologist. Surgeons and Internal Medicine MD's don't even know the latest. Go to an oncologist, listen to him. It is as simple as that.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

okay first things first.. Diana your friend is added to my pray list right along with you... I wish there was something i could do but like LT said i am sure he is depressed really bad right now..
been there done that.. wheni got really really bad depressed I shut myself out too.. and when i did make conntact with ppl (likeat work) i fought with them to shut them up so they would leave me the hell along.. I have to be medicated for mine..
I will sit down and right him a letter see if he will talk to me at all..
My email is tinalynn1972@yahoo.com
i have aim and my aim name is tinastlc if you have aim..
add me to yahoo and send me a message i will also add you tomine.. i can talk to you there as much as you need me.. There isn't a thing in this world i wouldn't do for anyone on this site. and the same goes for you if you are a friend of sids then you are a friend of mine..
contact me and iwill try to contact your friend as well and pray for you both..
love you
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina
P.S. Keep trust in God let him lead you he will lead you in the right way..

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Sid

Is the phone number you posted where Kalail is living right now? Last several years I've spoken to a lot of people with cancer, don't know if I can help but will try. With cancer lots of people get depressed and with that become lethargic, the two often run hand and hand. Sometimes (often) it's necessary for someone to grab the victim by the hand and take them to the hospital. Does he have anyone there who could be counted on to get him to the hospital???

Doc Fred is speaking Gospel when he says recent advancment in chemo make all that most people "know" just plain wrong. Liver cancer isn't the easiest one to cure or put in remission but the success rate since year 2000 is a whole hell of a lot better. Also someone geting a shunt in their chest being really dangerous? Never heard of that one, it's so common.

Antidepressants + a good friend + new medicine = a lot of success. Prayer helps a lot too.

Please stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-08-2004, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
POM 

Diana,
Thanks for emailing me.. Thanks for trusting me enough.. I am here to help in anyway I can.. like I told you my old boss and her husban both had canser and bet the odds of living.. Everthing everyone here has said is so true.. Let God lead the way and you follow he will lead you to the right place at the right time I believe that.. Like Andy said prayers always help and you have a hole lot of them here..
keep in touch..
love ya
Tina

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 10-08-2004, 06:53 PM

Thanks Tina, Andy and everyone that replied. Well he has shut me out at this point so I really don't know what's going on. I'm not sure when the Doctor told him what was going on he heard what the Doctor said. Or did he wish not to? Or is he really too sick to hear. Well, I really don't know his family but they seem to believe what kalail has told them! That the Chemo is just a routine follow up after the emergency surgery where they removed the mass from his Bowel. When I questioned regards the catheter they were inserting he really didn't know what it was called. All I know that someone told him it could mess up his heart. Again, what did he hear or they say. You all know that when your in that situation and as sick as he possible can be what did they? The phone number is his cell phone! I'm not sure how much knowledge his family has what's going on with him. As they are all older. His mother is in her 70's and Father in his 80's. All I know is I'm in Atlanta and he is in Illinois with some type of spots on his Liver and has not went for his treatment!. He became very depressed and discouraged very quick! Not like him, so it makes me worry what's really going on? Between who ever I can reach out to that might help him, I need to do this right now. Because. sometimes we don't know what's best for us! Thank you all! God Bless all of you! Diana
Old 10-08-2004, 11:12 PM

Distinctions
POM 

Diana,
When you get that sick it all comes on that fast.. I went thru it with 2 different ppl like I said before.. Depression can hit with in days of finding out.. I have a letter wrote to him and will mail in asap.. I explainned what happen with the 2 ppl i know and love and that i am always here for him to talk to i am an awsome listener.. just ask anyone here..
lets see if i hear from him.. inside the letter i put my cell number so he can call anytime day or nite.. if iam at work and can't answer my phone i told him to leave a message and i will return his call asp.. Don't really no if i can be much help but will do what ever i have to do..
love you
Tina

Old 10-09-2004, 01:28 AM

To answer your question Andy! He has a lot of family there. But, does any body there realize that they need to lead him at this point. I don't know. He has a niece here that just realized how sick he is. You know how hard that is sometimes. Hopefully, she will get someone looking at what is going on with him.
So glad I found this site, you all are great. Sid thanks!
You all already have a warm place in my heart! Diana
Old 10-09-2004, 01:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default D,...

...Just catching up here, and wishing you the best,...

...print off what doc Fred said, and hand deliver, or mail,...

...we can be stubborn as a mule when it comes to medical treatment,...

..."C",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk