Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I got this email this morning

Dear Sidney,
We met awhile back at Outhouse, I bought a t-shirt for a sick Veteran. Sorry, I haven't written you sooner and thanked you for the shirt. But, way to much has been going on! Please call me today and I'll explain what I'm trying to do! My phone # is XXX

My friend needs help now! He went to get his catheter put in last week for his Chemotherapy, after waiting 3 hours they came to him and told him there was an emergency and he would have to wait for another 2 hours or reschedule. Well, he rescheduled for yesterday but when his sister went to knock on his door and tell him to get up he told her he wasn't going. One month ago he had told me he didn't know if he wanted to get the catheter put in as they had told him all that could happen. Evidently it's a Sub-clavian catheter as he said they were gonna put it directly to his heart. Could possible damage it or die. I don't if you will remember he had emergency surgery here for Colon Cancer at Grady. Then decided to go back to his home in Illinois because he knew he would get better care from the VA there. Which he has! However, it is still in his Liver and he needs to get started with Chemotherapy or he will die very soon. He's locked everyone out of his life. I know he's probably severely depressed at this point.
Well, I just need someone to talk with that can help me find help for him up there! If I would win the lottery everything might be a lot better! Ha! Ha!
Sincerely Diana Mason

Well guys, I haven't gotten in touch with Ms. Mason yet but I will and will keep you posted. Will let you know name and VA hospital when I get it. I would like to help this guy out so when I get his contact information I will post it and hope you guys and gals will help. Ms Mason is a VN era Nurse, I erased her phone number but will put it back if she OKs it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2004, 06:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Some days when things are not going my way and I get angry and mad , I need to stop and remember just how lucky and blessed I really am. I forget so fast. Tiny , deadmanwalking and a bunch of forever kids from a long time ago are my heros. Diana must be the only woman to ever buy a shirt , you have given all the rest of the women a shirt !! Prayers out
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:22 AM

Ditto that - I often times think I have it tough until I get refresher course in whose really got it tough. I feel bad that I can't do anything for those suffering and going through such pain. It's a helpless feeling.

Though I do know that no one wants pity or sympathy in most cases. But its hard not to feel that way. To all those who are suffering I wish I could take your pain for a day so I could truly understand your sorrow.

Much of this pain and grief is often times felt by others who are closest to them. It's difficult for close friends and family to standby and watch others in pain.

Your mental health will deteriorate with constant pain and your outlook for the future dims.

To all you I pray for relief and for cures that will take these God awful things out of our lives.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-07-2004, 08:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

the LT and Boats said!

Sid............let us know how we can help out.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I spoke with Diana

I only met her once at the outhouse and she was a real nice person. She will send me her friends contact info soon and I will post it as soon as I can.

There may be a short delay because I have to drive to Charlotte this weekend (leaving Friday 0darkthirty) and help my sister in law and her husband to be with some stuff in a house they just bought and will be back on Sunday evening.

I emailed Diana with the PF web site and she will try and log on this weekend. If she logs on you guys help as much as you can.

Thanks for the offer gimpy we'll see what we can do and I will certainly call on you.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 AM

Thanks everybody for your wonderful words! I need every bit of information I can to help him! Kalail is wonderful kind man that walks in peace with the world normally. I need to try and help him restore that feeling once again. Any suggestions you all have will be much appreciated.
Sincerely, Diana Mason (beachdrmng@yahoo.com) my phone # is 1 678 508 5960
Old 10-07-2004, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Diana

Feeling like the Lone Ranger will make you withdrawl and go nuts. See if you can get him posting here. Lots of folks here who have walked along his path. Help is here and this can be a very healing place. I know
Old 10-07-2004, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Diana
Like the Lt said...get him on here and start posting.....Hopefully he'll open up. These guys and ladies are really great when it comes to understanding some ones problems
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 10-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Contact information

Diana just emailed me this, If you call tell him Diana sent you.

His name is Kalail Sayvon
575 N. Liberty St
Elgin, Illinois 60120
1 224 402-2015
Thank You, Diana Mason
Old 10-07-2004, 04:06 PM

Hello all again! Well unfortunately Kalail doesn't have access to internet service at this point! He had emergency surgery here in Atlanta. He returned to Elgin, Illinois where his elderly family is only because the VA offered a lot better care. Which he's been fortunate up there. But, he's shut him self off. Like I said earlier trying to find someone or someway that can get to him. Before it's to late. I have no way to go there at the moment. He was gonna go to the VA benefit office which is on the 9th floor. Not sure if it was in Elgin or Aurora. Anyone have any suggestions?
You all are wonderful, Diana Mason