The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Neither Party?

Watching TV today reaffirmed my belief that the people of the United States are fast losing trust for either of the two major political factions! This message, however, seems to be falling upon the increasingly deaf ears of government.

So how did this happen? When did the politically aloof become totally self-alienated from the general public - the people who pay the bills, bleed the blood, and sweat the sweat in an attempt to keep us financially and morally solvent! Worse yet, where did we go wrong and begin electing bonvivants and the unaccountable to public office? ?Public Indeed??

At a point in time when both major parties are working overtime to vilify the other, could it possibly be that neither has the best interest of the masses in mind? Is politics truly becoming an affluent game of hurrah for me and to Hades with our nation and her people?

VERITAS (Truth)
Old 02-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Not trying to be a smartass, but did you just figure this out? Power is the name of the game; long term consequences for the "little people" are not part of the equation of either party. Power and money, honey.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

The problem is the people that would be most qualified are not going to run for a couple reasons.
1. They are earning about 10 times more money where they are now. (it cost 100million to run for president that pays 400thousand. ) anything wrong with that?

2. Most all people have something in there background that they don't want out in the public. (i.e. they stole a car when young) and rather being dragged threw the mud by the media, they just don't run.

So what you end up with , that runs and gets elected, are people that you described. Or what we called them back in High school, NERDS.

Our country needs a 3rd, 4th or 5th party and a background check that does't reach back more than 10 years, and while were at it, the campaign has to put 1/2 the money they raise into a fund to pay the salary of the elected candidate. Thus , the taxpayers pay nothing and the candidate gets a huge salary, bringing in huge salary candidates.
Capitalism at it's best.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I agree that we need at least one more strong political party in the US, but the key word is "strong". Until enough 3rd party candidates are elected they will be nothing more than voices in the wilderness straining to be heard above the roar of the Democrats and Republicans. Personally, I've been voting for Independent and Green Party candidates lately since Dems and Repubs don't seem much different from each other.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 AM

I perfect system is cracking and they are trying to patch it up as best they can. They themselves have let this go on for far too long and now the system is broke and they can fix it. The next five years will be very difficult ones for all of us.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Advisor etc

"And There It Is!"

I still find it appalling that we have been condition into eating the pre-digested, maggotized tripe that those we have recreated into political gods feed us on a daily basis! Unless we ?GET OFF OF OUR ASSES? and tell these miserable creatures that we are not going to take it, and mean what we say, then things will go into but one direction.

No One Relishes the thought of what could very possibility happen if we don't straight up our system! But then the Mighty British Empire, the Romans and Greeks of yore, and a few other wanne-bes and know-it all entities of the past, also shared in the view that they were eternally right and were destined to survive for all times.

I, like all of you, know what is going on! But unless we tell a few Royals in power that the status quo is not acceptable, then we had better get in line right behind those Political Judas Goats.

Again these are but my opinions.

Rick

For the greatest ingredients of Liberty lies within the souls of
The free and the minds of The brave.

VERITAS

H. Rick Tavares 2-26-2007

Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

HC

Hears the problem