The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2003, 04:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default bURNED OUT...

...rains, it pours...

...My neice, the one with the cyst(prior), lost everything last night in a fire that swept through her building, not sure where it started, but it wasn't in her apartment, and, no cause as of yet, and no renters insurance...
...hasn't even been there two months, but had moved in "everything that a 20 year old owns"...
...gotta go......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2003, 07:10 PM

So sorry. Thank God she's o.k.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

...She's, ok, pets ok, 16 families out of quarters, she was on the outskirts of the fire, and they ended up saving her bedroom, ended up up losing the living room set that she, and her boyfriend just "signed for", but all is well so to speak, no one got hurt, smoke alarms went off...

...brought in County, and State inspectors for this one, I believe 5 buildings went up...

..."Waterford NY is the ""Oldest incorparated village in the United States"", and a lot of buildings were tied together when built back then...
...TBC......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunrise at qui nhon.jpg (73.1 KB, 30 views)

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-30-2003, 07:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Seat Jerker-

"You'll Never Walk Alone!!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our villa.jpg (91.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-30-2003, 08:05 AM

Nice to know your neice made it out OK. I'll keep her n my prayers the next couple days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside front gate at maur ne.jpg (103.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-30-2003, 08:20 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

C...good to know she is ok...that's all that matters...the stuff can be replaced...stay calm for her....Sis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mui ne beach.jpg (99.4 KB, 50 views)

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-30-2003, 10:14 AM

I too am glad your niece is okay.

I'm sorry for the others who weren't so fortunate due to the fire damage. Sometimes, a misfortune causes us to make changes in our lives that we wouldn't have necessarily made before. I hope this will be a new beginning for all of the victims. It doesn't always seem possible, but my experience tells me that good will always come in small and big ways..
Old 04-30-2003, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Jerker

I've always been interested in "the day after". Is the Red Cross helping out? Do you have some new house guests? If she's working will her company give her time off to re-organize her life for a day or two?
Thank God for smoke alarms. If there are stats, Ron probably knows them, but I wonder how many lives those little suckers have saved?
Curtis remind her, you can replace stuff and eventually she would have thrown out most everything that was destroyed. People are a lot more important. She wasn't injured, DMZ-LT can tell her, that's a good thing.
Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 04-30-2003, 10:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default wife mentioned...

...the same thing in regards to the "Red Cross"...

...seems to be "OK" as i only spoke to my brother last night, she was on the 5 o'clock news last night, and I believe she is already in the process of moving what was saved into an apartment that was her second choice a few months back...

..."Ironic is the "bedroom set", last year when she informed my bro that she wanted a new set, my brother gave her and her"prospective mother in law to be" the go ahead to go out, and pick one out, and they went, and picked out one for the tune of "LIKE" 3200.00 dollars, and "presented him with the bill", needless to say he wasn't too pleased, but opted to pay it any way, so now she get's her own place, and she, and her boyfriend (not telling his momma) go out, and now buy a living room set )in his name) for "LIKE" 4200.00 dollars, and it cooked in the fire, lots of explaining now I guess...
...plus his "little" accident on the motorcycle caused 5000.00 dollars worth of damage to his friends bike, and the car he hit last fall is adding up...
...don't think mom's too happy with him right now.........

...she'll get through it though, we offered to help, but she's stubborn, I'm sure the co-workers, and family will pitch in, if nesc...
...and his Mom, (private joke, you'd have to know her, """nobody's good enough for my boy""" bit....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-30-2003, 02:38 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Sounds

Sounds like she was getting burned before the fire. Sounds like the burning is continuing. Sorry bout that. Well, at least there was no physical injury.
Families are funny things. Wish I had the chance to have a "do over" with regard to picking some of my relatives, and some of their choices to marry. Course some of them might be saying the same about me. No, I'm sure their saying the same about me.

Stay healthy, put down those matches!
Andy