The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2002, 06:29 PM

How come wannabes were never truck drivers or crane operators or swabbies or mechanics or armorers or the million and one other MOS's that make the machine go? I think everyone who ever drove a honeysucker (or cleaned 'em the old-fashioned way with gas and a zippo) deserves the biggest, shiniest medal they got.

I wasn't in Vietnam. If I were old enough at the time I might even have joined my nearest "Dodgers of Foreign Wars" chapter.

But I like you guys. You're the only decent people I know.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2002, 06:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default wannabe, I 'helped train special forces'

Well, kinda
Someone had to give them a ride to the Demo range.

I also work with a marine, exlrrp. or to people who stop in at the post office and don't know him Navy Seal. When not being a janitor at work, he's a sarget major in an inteligence UNIT in the reserves.
HELLO, IS ANYONE OUT THERE
Old 05-08-2002, 08:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Steve,

Glad to see you finally got on the right road and got your truck drivin' butt over here.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey

Glad you was in Hue when all that $hit was going on in Way ... still got me smiling ! Welcome home.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Angry Hey Griz

WHAT were you doing in the Combat Zone in Boston? I know what went on there. Spent many nights on Washington St. and can remember most (some) of what I did. I'm ashamed of you!

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-09-2002, 08:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Now these...

... are the conversations I've come to know, and ...you know ... the little chit chat from all you proper folks...
wanna-be's.... wern't we all wanna-be's at one point until...,... until you said I do, then you did, and everything afterthatwasso jumbledtogetherthatyoudon'trememberanythingafterth atforayearorso...
...wanna-be's are just waiting for their call to glory, it's just a little late, wait it's here, where, gone, don't ever give me a soapbox, and a street corner....
we had a vis-i-tor earl-i-er...
... don't mind me, been up 3 times this week, at 4:00, 3;30, and 4:45 respect-i-livly...
...and rather then stay on this box, and let you all know that I've completely lost it,...(I'm losing it, I lost it, and I don't want to find it...)... I'll bid you Adiou, nice to see you all starting to loosnen up.......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-10-2002, 12:32 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default ANDY

Think I hear the pot calling the kettle black

Peace,Griz
Old 05-10-2002, 03:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Wannabe.

" My ears always pop up at,
"I was a Seal, I was Special Forces, I was at Khe San, I was a chopper pilot, I was a door gunner, I was with Black Ops, I was a tunnel rat."

Dead give aways;

"I was a General, it was classified so still secret, killing gooks is easy, I was Sgt Major of all the Marine Corps, I knew Westmoreland personally, I got the Medal of Honor, I got 3 Bronze Stars, I was NEVER scared, I did 5 tours, I still can't hear good because I was a Huey doorgunner and that ".50 caliber" ruined my hearing, I once did a 360 in a Huey, I once landed a Huey in a treetop on purpose and had to climb down being shot at all the time;.......these are just a FEW that I have heard over the years. I always reserve judgement but, after about two questions you can bust their asses.
Old 05-10-2002, 03:44 AM

Talking GD you're not a very trusting person are you

need to wait for the third a then you can bust them.you've got to learn to control yourself...hahaha ,Dragon got a question what the nearest va cline from kings mountain got a friend up that way need's to know.have a good one.
razz
Old 05-10-2002, 06:54 AM

Exclamation

I take exception to Seatjerker saying we were all wannabe's at one time just waiting for our time of glory..whoa Dude..not me...I was a neverwannabe! My Daddy, the old 1st Shirt, done told me that war ain't no fun and to NEVER volunteer for nuthing..Hell, I would just as soon stay home playing Jodie than goin' out searching for glory..I'll take nookie over glory any day of the week..Sheeeeeit..I ain't no hero..I'm a luver n' not a fighter.

I usually have two reactions to wannabes..they either amuse me or they piss me off. A guy telling stories just makes me laugh..just looooove to pull their chain..BUT, the ones who lie about killing civilians and so on..you know, the ones who piss on our brothers' graves...I just want to insert a large pole where the sun doesn't shine.