The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2002, 06:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ain't it funny...

...how the Wannabees react after they've "played their cards" and you start asking them questions?
Some of them clam up, some get amnesia or a bad memory. And some just happily let you trot them from one lie to another!

I LOVE it when one of them claims to be something that calls for parachute qualification. Especially when they don't know I was a rigger.

For some reason, I've run into numerous Marine Recon wannabees. Some of them preferred the T7A chute over the T10 (the T7A was a WW2 chute), and all of them agree that the rigging procedure for Marine jumpers was really rough.
During VN the Marine combat boot had hooks on the top three rows instead of eyelets for quick - lacing the boot. The "special" rigging procedure for Marine jumpers was simply taping over the hooks with masking tape so they wouldn't foul on anything during the jump. Yeah, that's really painful! LOL!

It's fun hangin' 'em, but it's MORE fun when they dig the hole for ya!

Airborne! Steve / 82Rigger

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2002, 08:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking YEAH, TRUE STORY STEVE.

Years ago my brother-in-law [101st, 2/327] and I walked into a bar in Spokane, WA, when one of these "HEROES" was in the middle of a war story. After listening for a couple of minutes and determining, beyond a doubt, that this guy was full of BS, I interrupt him and ask "How many PLFs did you carry in your ruck?" Well, he doesn't even skip a beat and pipes up "Four," and picks up the story where he left off. After a couple of more minutes, Bob can't stand it anymore. He pulls him backwards off the barstool, turns him around and says "Fuck you," as he pops the guy in the eye. The guy catches his balance and heads for the door. Doesn't say a word.

P.S. A PLF is a Parachute Landing Fall to all you legs.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default blues clues

I assume you mean Kings Mountain, NC? Here are links to all the VAMC's in North and South Carolina;

North Carolina

South Carolina
Old 05-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Wanna-be

ok---I have resisted long enough.
EXLRRP is Kule

And,
When I started in the fire department, there was a cop that came by every day for coffee and BS.
One day he said that he was in VN. Oh--- where were you, I ask,
He starts telling me about his MP job in Saigon. Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, I won the CMH, What---- What was that last thing you said, You won the Congesinal Medal of Honor? Yes , he says, Now I don't know much about medals but I do know that there is book about MOH winners and there names and what they did to get it. Well, I let him talk, seem he not only won the MOH but 2-MOH.
The next day I went and bought the book and it was lying on the table when he came in for his coffee. I asked him if he wouldn't mine showing us his name and story in the book. He turned without a word and walked out, oh yea, hasn't been back.
Ya know, if your plannig on faking a medal, don't use MOH.
And, I read the book, well most of it, those guys are heros.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g
ok---I have resisted long enough.
EXLRRP is Kule

there ya go with th spelling again, Ron you mean exlrrp is C-O-O-L
yer one in a million, Ron--that means theres 2,000 chinese just like ya

the real truth is 39mto39g is Gary Holland on acid.
ROTFLMAO

James

happy just to be alive

(PS all you guys spend too much time in bars talkin to bullshtters)
Old 05-13-2002, 09:01 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool 39

Don't they have IQ and Psych tests for cops down in your neck of the woods? Even an idiot should know that the MOH is sort of special. I'm probably wrong but I thought only two guys got two MOH's. One was Tom Custer, George's brother. The other was a guy named Snidely or something like that, who got involved in some dirty politics in the 1930's, anti-Roosevelt and all that.

Once you start asking of question of some Yahoo, what I hear most often is: My records indicate I was in the Coast Guard reserve but I was actually special ops and my files are sealed and top secret. You hear a detailed story of how they attacked a company of VC armed with nothing but a K-bar and a P-38 but they just can't remember specifically which unit they were in.

Once I asked a guy who said he was infantry to remind me how to set out a claymore. He said his unit didn't use them. Asked another guy how many meals were in a case of C's. He said they just lived off the land, never ate C's. Who knows, they probably were telling the truth. And I'll probably hit the lottery again this week.

Stay healthy,
Andy