The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2008, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Why Jimmy won't be speaking in Denver

So I've seen it happen. And I think that this breakthrough by Barack Obama has been remarkable.

When he made his speech a few months ago in Philadelphia, I wept. I sat in front of the television and cried, because I saw that as the most enlightening and transforming analysis of racism and a potential end of it that I ever saw in my life.

JIM LEHRER: And do you think that -- if it happens that he is elected, or even just being nominated, is -- will send positive ripple effects throughout the country on the race issue?

JIMMY CARTER: Around the world. Around the world. And I think it already has sent a wave of approbation and admiration in many countries around the world, just knowing that this black boy who grew up with just a loving mother and grandparents -- and that was about all he had to start with -- does now have a chance to become the nominee of the Democratic Party for president.

And Rose and I have visited a few more than 125 nations since I left the White House. And we've seen a disillusionment about our country in the last eight years, with a lot of things happening, like torturing of prisoners and that sort of thing. I won't go into detail about that.

But I don't think there's any doubt that there's a spirit and a bright, new hope for America within this country and around the world. And if Obama is elected, which I think he is going to be, then I think that will be the transforming race for the end of racism, and prejudice, and hatred between races in this country.

JIM LEHRER: That's quite a statement.

JIMMY CARTER: I believe it's true.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/polit...ter_08-25.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2008, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There are a few - seemingly very few - brighter lights in Da Dims, and at least one of them had the sense to 'uninvite' Jimma Cartah. The man is a personal embarrassment of the institution of former presidents, even more so that Slick Willie himself, and has not only revealed his true racist persona, but has spit in the face of Israel, by hob-nobbing with known Palestinian terrorist groups.

And let us not forget that one of those terrorist groups has indeed endorsed Barack Hussein Obama for president.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote