The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy But What Have We Really Lost?

Thirty Dead Youngsters and Three Educators, but does it really end there?

The grief of parents who spent two decades or more in hope and dedication to children whom they raised with love!

The loss of promise for what these kids could have achieved, and a grief that will dominate the lives of millions for many years to come!

What else have we lost?

What would these slain young adults, most numbered among ?America?s Finest?, have accomplished? Would their accomplishments have taken us to Mars and beyond? Would they have conquered diseases, created a lasting peace, advanced our nation to a point where we would again have taken world leadership to the next level? ?WE WILL NEVER KNOW??

The only question remaining now is: WHY??????

How senseless and how deadly these few hours of violence!! "Lest we forget!!?

VERITAS (Truth)
Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 PM

HC - the same can be said about our young soldier's. I agree its a shame to loose such young and promising folks. I often wonder why the Lord didn't take me - when I was in? I'm sure many were better people than me and could have contributed to our way life better than I have in mine.

You never know how the script is written or why things happen the way they do. The luck of the draw or what? Who knows but it is painful that's for sure.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

I figure you're here for a reason. Not for we or you to know why, but the man kept you here for something. The day you see him, will be the day you know why.

A tragic loss for the entire nation. A devistating loss for the families, and hopefully a wake-up call for campus security. Prayers go out for all.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have the same thoughts Boats and no answers. Sometimes I think life is a series of random events that we have little control over and we go where we go and do what must be done and hope for the best.
My Daughters are successful professionals and I have some regrets about being such a Shepard and the extra set of eyes and ears in their young lives, but the legacy continues and they cover my granddaughter in all ways possible. I guess that means I?m out of a Shepard?s job and maybe if I?ve done things mostly right, that is in the way of things.
Steve?s thought is compelling and the reason for tears and heartbreak may be known to us one day. My heart hurts for the families and Rick said it all, once again.

Scamp
Old 04-18-2007, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
My Daughters are successful professionals and I have some regrets about being such a Shepard and the extra set of eyes and ears in their young lives
Friend Scamp - never regret being a Shepard and an extra set of eyes for your family! I too have been exceedingly guilty of this as well. How your family turned out shows that the proof is in the pudding!

Be proud of them and you as well! You did a damned good job my friend!!

RICK