The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2004, 10:56 PM

Hi Shutterbugs,

Gracie here. Still have not successfully posted the Photo of the Unknown Drunk. Not for the lack of trying. Should I try emailing it to one of y'all first?
Old 07-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Doc.2/47

I'm sorry that I haven't done well in responding to questions and/or observations on this thread.About the time I had my mouth set to do so the site went down.Once it came back up I figured I'd go ahead and add a few pics. first-which I've done-but it's taken about 2 wks. to get them approved and on here (gallery).Again-sorry.

Chilidog-
Finish the book yet?If interested either I or Larry could add "the rest of the story" concerning parts of the book.

John and Bill-

Please note the following from "Into Cambodia":

"(Maj.)Weeks was sitting behind the driver's hatch in a real live barber's chair that had been rigged up there, so he could use his feet to tap the driver on the right or left shoulder to indicate turns.Weeks had his dog on his lap-good old JoJo-an ugly mutt who had no idea whether he was in a helicopter or in a firefight;it was all the same to him."

In our Bn. it was the rare track that didn't have at least one chair used by the TC as noted above.In the pics of the HQ track (unless my memory wireing is even more screwed up than I think-posible)that is Maj. Weeks sitting behind the driver and you might note-if you look closely-the soldier to the left of the driver also has a mounted seat.

At any one time I was aware of 5 or 6 dogs that had been adopted by the BN. and traveled with us.They pulled their wt. on guard duty.They also took their licks along with everybody else.On one occasion the Bn. delayed ordered movement by about 5 hrs. while we were in the middle of emergency surgery in the aid station.Apparenty(thank God!)nobody advised the Lt.Col. that we were working on one of the dogs who had become a victum of friendly fire when he tripped a flare on reentry to the perimeter.We saved him but he later became MIA during a firefight.

DL-

Given the fact that I was due to turn 22 within 4-5 wks of when that picture was taken;and that several sources list 19y/o as the average age of KIA's in Vietnam,I WAS a (relatively) old man when that picture was taken.

Love your wedding pic.!I salute your husband on his bravery.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

hal..

how is your va ordeal going ? i have c& p exams july 22 and aug 9..
i have "pervasive ptsd" per va shrink after 3 hours of talking to i and my wife...he told me to tell the c&p psych he already talked to me..should expedite the stuff.. hope I get a "real big"' back pay check..i may go to germany solo if my wife can't go..lol...got to go somewhere and do something ...it has not been a good past monthh..

larry
Old 07-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Doc.2/47

Larry,

I'm afraid I've had to call a time out.
What with all the talkin about VN I've had a couple of memories come back that I had totally buried.
Now I remember why.
Back to havein some nightmares.Sometimes while awake.
Of course hypervigilence isn't always a bad thing.My dog-while sleepin on the porch-was attaked by a pit bull recently and drug out into the front yard by the throat.Wouldn't have lasted long.Couple a quick rounds from the SKS made for a happy ending but now the neighbors are acting a little odd.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal :

now is the time u need therapy most. been there done that. call me anytime brother. 901.386.7244

larry
Old 07-11-2004, 09:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

a buddy of mine from nam has an 8 min video, no sound, of 2/22(M) it is nice . email me at larryn1121@aol.com and i will give u his emaill address. i am going to make some copies also....

larry