The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2004, 03:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default There shooting at me

One day I was standing at the end of this mountan top. To my left was several mountans with a valley running between , the valley ran passed the end of the mountan I was on and opened up into about 20 square miles of rich farm land with a few trees dotting here and there, The sun was shinning bright and it was a beutiful day, I even seen some birds flying about, which was a rare-ity. SuuuuuUUUUUUush broke the silance and this 6 foot long black pole with a flame comming out the back went by me from the mountans to my left. It looked like it was about 10 feet away, Probibly 100 feet, I watched it go a couple miles into the open area and land by one of the few trees that were there. It EXPODED, That was when I realised, There shoothing at me.
I got down quickly and called for mortars, the mortars were landing all over the mountans to my left because I couldn't give an exact location.
That day was such a beutiful day and then the war came back.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2004, 04:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What happened next?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

With in hours of taking over my platoon , on a beautiful day , we were hit by 120mm mortars and I had 4 dead and about 13 wounded. I was wound tight every day after that.Always on point , there were no more pretty days. This grand baby was sent by God to teach me something I think. Peace
Old 02-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default B

What happened next.
As I recall, we all were talking to each other, Did you see that, Did you see that? Then we filled sand bags and soon there was lunch, I think I had beef Stew. Latter that day we got a palet of sand bags from a chinook that were on fire. someone through a smoke on top of the bags to mark position .
Thats about it.

Lt. Grandpa???

Ron
Old 02-09-2004, 09:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Ron

Yep. Lil LT ( my 26 year old daughter ) made me an OPA on Nov 29TH. Named him John Lawton - my name and middle name. Hope to see you at the campout in April.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

(Congrats LT :-)!!!

So, you was sitting there minding your own business on a mountain, when a six foot long fire farting black pole streaked a mite too close over your position and hit one of the few standing trees off in the distance... on a beautiful day. Then people wondered if anyone had seen that (some probably had), then there was some lunch (C or K rats?), and some on fire sand bags came off a Chinook, in another area were 4 dead and 13 wounded...

One's mind wanders there, here
Old 02-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default sooo

Lt.
I became a grandpa about a week ago. Im not sure I care for that. grandpa Ron, doesn't sound good.

B-
The sandbags weren't inside the chinook, slug underneath, the Major flying the chinook called me and said his load was on fire. I told him I could see it and it wasn't bad, he asked where to set it down and I told him anywhere flat would work for me, and we would take care of the fire. The lunch was C-rations, Beef steaw, can of pears, can of crakers and penut buter. MMMMMM-MMM. just like yesterday.
The big black pole was no big deal, except it seamed to be in slow motion when it went by. It didn't have serial #s or I could have read them.
I think the next day I shot a big rock with a LAW.

Ron
Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Grand Pa Ron sounds great. Congrats Grand Pa. It's pretty cool really. Just give em back
Old 02-09-2004, 07:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Dunno Ron

Only thing my heart can say at this moment is that I wish it had have been me instead of you there
Old 02-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue

Ya know, I remember going on R&R, while going through Cam Ranh bay, I was sitting talking with the guy I went on R&R with and 4 or 5 guys that were stationed in Cam Ranh came up to us and started to BS. One asked me to tell him some war stories? I said no thanks, He offered to buy me a hamberger if I told him one, (hamberger, SURE) He also said he wanted to trade places with me,
Are you people nuts?
What makes you think that you wouldn't go home in a body bag. Because your special. War is not exciting or fun, its killing people and getting shot at, Ive seen a hundred guys like you come to our unit and a week latter they are going home with a bullit above there left eye.
Everyone that has been in combat and servived has a story to tell about how lucky they were or triped and fell while the tree behind them blew up. Everyone that made it doesn't want to do it again. Find a better gole in life. Mine is to piss on the moon.

Ron