The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2006, 02:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Poster Boy for Foot in Mouth Disease

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin opened a visit to New York on Friday by expressing regret for having criticized the slow redevelopment at the World Trade Center site, saying he will "never again refer to that site as a hole."

Nagin was in town for a two-day pitch to the New York investment community to get business in his hurricane-ravaged city. [Earth-to-Ray: this is not theway to win friends and influence people!]

While on a stage with the Rev. Al Sharpton and representatives of a New Orleans delegation, Nagin addressed comments he'd made in a recent "60 Minutes" broadcast, where he branded ground zero "a hole in the ground" to compare it to the slow pace of rebuilding in his city after Hurricane Katrina. [Let's see: one loss was caused by Islamo-Facists, the other by a stupid mayor who couldn't evacuate a city. Gosh, is there relaly a difference?] Nagin had apologized for the comments quickly afterward.

"I want to say to all New Yorkers that I love New York City and have been here on many occasions," Nagin said during a press conference held Friday, less than two weeks before the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. "We as New Orleanians [you know, the real chocolate poeple] and as New Yorkers understand what tragedy is all about and understand the difficulty of recovering from tragedy."

He also said he especially regretted the term he'd used to describe ground zero, where more than 2,700 people died after terrorists piloted two commercial flights into the twin towers, causing them to collapse.

"I will never refer to that site as a hole," Nagin said. "It's a sacred site that's currently in an undeveloped state."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A Canadian news agency had some apropos thoughts about New Orleans reconstruction and connected Louisiana politicos. They claim over delegation and under accountability at the highest levels.
In essence, they are saying those nominally in charge are hiding from responsibility, dumping on the subordinate level, but grabbing the spotlight when there is a happy accident and the blue bird of good fortune zooms by and does a surprise plop.

After crock potting that notion for a bit, I figure the concept back-fits into the New Orleans saga from day one, and is exactly the right size. On the down side, that Toronto news agency can forget about a Christmas card from Mayor Nagen, oh my.

Politics aside, Nagen is morphing into a national embarrassment and that?s unfortunate. Lots of very talented people in Louisiana that could rise to the occasion, make positive things happen, and be both responsible and accountable. And apparently, Nagen isn?t in on that roll call. Ay yi yi, that guy needs a self-installed deco art cork n? duct tape apparatus in his speaking tunnel.

Scamp
Old 09-03-2006, 04:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Another example of Nagin's incompetence, stupidity, or larcenous mindset involved an offer from a Texas company. This company would pay the cityof New Orleans $500 per car to haul off all the thousands of cars that have been flood damaged, and were still cluttering many neighborhoods. An estimated 10,000 cars at $500 per would have netted the city at least $5 million. Instead, Nagin hired another company, and had to pay them to haul of the cars, at taxpayer expense of more than $6 million. Now I think that chocolate moron should just be dragged off somewhere and shot.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-04-2006, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

PLain and simple, Nagin is an idiot j@ck@$$.