The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Airforce

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2004, 05:28 PM

Default hello

Hey everyone,
This is Greg i used to post as Mech28 but then i left for lackland texas. I graduated fine from basic honestly kind of liked the shut up and do it atmosphere.Tech trained at Vandenberg AFB loved it there. I am a 2mox2 missle maintenence on icbms. I just got the interenet up here in minot nd. and just wanted to say hi.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Welcome back Glad to hear you made it through basic. Knew you would have fun there. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Hey word of advice, don't be drop'n wrenches around those missiles!! We are all counting on you to keep us safe now
Old 01-29-2004, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Welcome back.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Welcome home.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Welcome back, I remember your former handle and have wondered from time to time how Lackland went for you...

The instant I saw the word "Vandenburg" in your post, I pretty much knew immediately what they had wanted you to become...

Lonesome up there in Minot? What's it like?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:22 PM

Bluehawk,
Shockingly i love minot hahahaha. Its a big change from new jersey but...my shopmates are all awesome guys, the towns people are extremely nice i mean of the month i have been up here there wasn't one person that hasn't said hello or how are you. My fiance is coming up this summer (well wife then) and i all ready have been looking for a house so on top of all that prices for homes here are incredible low. The wheather isn't great ok it stinks but ill wear 3 shirts and a coat anyday for the way minot has treated me.
Greg
Old 01-30-2004, 05:27 PM

Why not Minot???

Freezin's the reason!
Stay warm Buddy! My 17 year old daughter is talking about following in Mom's footsteps and joining the AF, of course she is starting to look at the Navy too since her step-pappa is a Navy Chief. I think we have managed to steer her away from the Marines & Army.
no offense to anyone here but I just don't think those branches of service are a good fit for this kid. A bit on the spoilt side. Her daddy being an AF Pilut (yep meant to spell it that way too.) and all.

And, oh yeah, welcome back!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 01-30-2004, 05:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Monkey -
Well, you are doing a very important job and that's why you are there... so thanks.

So MANY of our military's permanent party bases are SO much fun to live in and be all snuggly with :-)
Old 02-01-2004, 11:18 AM

Its true, An assignment is what you make it. I was at Nellis AFB (las Vegas) for two years. I hated it! I had just moved there from Williams outside of Phoenix (closed now). I loved Phoenix.
I loved Dover! So many people I knew hated Dover because it is somewhat backwards and NASCAR hadn't hit the big time like now. I loved it because I could be just about anywhere in next to no time and yet still live out in Amish Farm Country. Great place to raise kids too!
Enjoy Minot, I'm sure there are some real nice folks around there.
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 02-01-2004, 02:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

DL & Monkey man -
Yup, here in America as with throughout the entire world as it has ever been known, ".. there are some real nice folks around there." Never in 57 years has that concept ever failed... personal experience don'tcha know :-)

Hell, we're all just folks... "Raghead", "Zoomie", "Jarhead", "Gook", what all... home is where the heart is.