Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2018, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Alvin Kamara wears 'Make Africa Home Again' hat,

Colin Kaepernick jersey in Saints locker room

https://sports.yahoo.com/alvin-kamar...061206861.html

Jason Owens Yahoo SportsOctober 9, 2018

Monday night in the NFL was all about Drew Brees‘ record-setting statement on the field.
In the victorious locker room, running back Alvin Kamara had his own powerful message.
Alvin Kamara takes on Trump, props up Kaepernick

The New Orleans Saints running back stepped out for interviews after a win over the Washington Redskins wearing a San Francisco 49ers jersey and a hat reading “Make Africa Home Again,” posing for an image shared by The New Orleans Times Picayune’s Josh Katzenstein.

Why the 49ers jersey? It was a Colin Kaepernick jersey, of course.

Alvin Kamara making a strong statement with his postgame fit 👀✊🏾 #GoSaints pic.twitter.com/fJphaV0dmL

— Yahoo Sports NFL (@YahooSportsNFL) October 9, 2018

In a season where sideline protests of social injustice during the national anthem have been fewer alongside dampened controversy over the subject, Kamara’s is one of the most powerful statements yet.

Kamara’s statement follows Eric Reid’s

It comes on the same week that Eric Reid returned to the NFL with the Carolina Panthers and took a knee during the anthem. Reid was a teammate of Kaepernick’s in San Francisco and the first player to join his quarterback in kneeling during the anthem.

A 26-year-old safety who started 69 of his 70 career games with the 49ers, Reid had trouble finding a job in the wake of the anthem controversy.
About that hat

Kamara’s bright red hat obviously wasn’t just to match his jersey, but to take on the “Make America Great Again” hats popular among supporters of President Donald Trump.
Trump has bullied protesting players and pressured owners to punish those who kneel, famously urging owners to “get that son of a bitch off the field.”

The NFL National Anthem Debate is alive and well again – can’t believe it! Isn’t it in contract that players must stand at attention, hand on heart? The $40,000,000 Commissioner must now make a stand. First time kneeling, out for game. Second time kneeling, out for season/no pay!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 20, 2018

Issues haven’t disappeared with exciting NFL start

While the storylines of the NFL so far this season have centered around officiating controversies and soaring offenses, the underlying issues surrounding the social justice protests are still teeming.

Kamara’s post-game attire Monday is a stark reminder that those issues that sparked Kaepernick to kneel in the first place haven’t gone away just because the NFL season is off to an exciting start.

As long as Trump is still president, Kaepernick doesn’t have a job and social injustice exists in the United States, athletes will be inspired to use their platforms to raise their voices.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:43 PM

HC -

Everyone has ideals - all races do. I can't say I appreciate his actions and disrespect for the US Flag and our Country. Sure we have issues but there are better ways of doing it and I don't feel sorry for him not having a job. He could have done this outside the NFL and still been playing - but now he has to consider the ramifications and no longer play football. This reminds me of the days of the Black Panthers. They were too radical and I'm not sure if they really made any headway with their ideals.

I wasn't raised to be racial and I served with many men of color. There were a few southern boys that brought their racial issues with them but it got sorted after time.

Nobody is perfect and yet we are "all equal" in many ways. Get past the color issues and see one an another as just a human being. I'm not sure what we've done to re-excite the flames of racial indifference?

Go to school and college if you can afford it. Education is the key that opens many doors "to all" men of color. Sure we have the poor and disenfranchised in all colors and races. It's tough on them and takes a lot of effort and courage to keep up with the pack. Some take short cuts and turn to crime to make a living - just look how full our prisons are.

I taught my Girl's and my Grand-Kid's not to be racial as we are all humans and everyone deserves respect to be given to all. Service men learned how to work together as a Team why can't the Civvies?

Our Government lacks a certain amount of recognition of these still ongoing issues.
But the wildcards that don't want to comply keep bringing up racial issues which are driving up the anger to a point where many good willed are wondering what the hell has happen in our country?

Football - Baseball - Hockey and all the other sports are Team Player's if they can't be - well then - the sport itself is in jeopardy.

I don't have the answers for Kaepernick I don't know what brought up this anger of such a talented player. What was the trigger that caused this change in temperament?

He's got to realize that he was a professional and educated man. His disrespect to our Flag is not acceptable and this is why he no longer plays the game - he so wanted to play.

I don't feel anything will change quickly except his ability to do what he wanted all his life.

I support the penalty he got - too bad such a waste of talent.

The Flag means more to me than his ideals and I agree that the penalty was just.

As far as the guy you mentioned in your post I don't know who he is at all? But I agree with Trump (for once) penalties then the boot no longer playing the sport they love and the money they could've earned.

Off the field they can do what they want. But on the field you play National Football according to the NFL rules or its history and your out looking for a job.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote