The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Active Duty > Active Duty Personnel

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2004, 12:12 PM

Post Military Phone Card Donation Program Goes Public

Military Phone Card Donation Program Goes Public
Printed in The Navy Reservist - June 2004

WASHINGTON - The Department of Defense (DOD) has announced that any American can now help troops in contingency operations call home.

DoD has authorized the Armed Services Exchanges to sell prepaid calling cards to any individual of organization that wishes to purchase cards for troops who are deployed. The "Help Our Troops Call Home" program is designed to help service members call home from Operations Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.

For those wishing to donate a prepaid calling card to a military member may log onto any of the three Armed Services Exchange Web sites:

? Army and Air Force Exchange Service www.aafes.com
? Navy Exchange Service Command www.navy-nex.com
? Marine Corps Exchange www.usmc-mccs.org

Click the "Help Our Troops Call Home" link. From there, a prepaid calling card may be purchased for an individual at his or her deployed address or to "any service member" deployed or hospitalized. The Armed Services Exchanges will distribute cards donated to "any service member" through the American Red Cross, Air Force Aid Society and the Fisher House Foundation.

The Armed Services Exchanges operate telephone call centers in Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and other countries and aboard ships - anywhere service members are deployed in support of OEF and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The cards available through the "Help Our Troops Call Home" program offer the best value for calls made from the call centers, never expire, and there are no added charges or connection fees.

-Department of Defense news release
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links