The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Active Duty > Active Duty Personnel

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2003, 03:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mayo...

...Scott returned safe, and sound from Bagdad last Tuesday...

...arriving at Ft. Stewart and will be back up this way mid July for 14 days of leave, well earned as he was a 27 mike MRL's,at check point one by the airport ...

...The boy is now a man, no doubt, told me of passing the 3/7th, and were ahead of everyone, ended up on 100 % guard/alert for the next 72 hrs and relayed "his concern" after being in a really hot zone,...

... 2 of his group captured a Capt. who devulged that 400 unmounted were extremly close, and waiting for the shoe to drop was the hardest, didn't happen though...

...Sid, he's an hour from you, and might come, and visit the "PSYCOVETS" shack,(remember he's still Gov't property, no throwing him in the fire),...

... I mailed him the picture of all of you while he was in the field with you guys jacked up to the bar when you got together wearing "offical PSYCOVETS" shirts, and they loved them in Iraq.....

...Amen...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2003, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default In his mother's arms...

...he's back in Yankee land...

A Rock-solid faith: After three months in Iraq, Stillwater man credits his prayers - and those of Diamond Rock Terrace faithful - for his safe return

By: Kate Perry , The Record 07/17/2003

TROY - If ever there was evidence in support of divine intervention, it was in a party room at Diamond Rock Ter?race senior apartments Wednesday morning, as dozens of people gathered for a breakfast to welcome home Army Spc.4 Scott Mayo from a 10-month tour of duty in the Middle East.

Mayo, a Stillwater native, said his unit, which spent its last three months in Iraq, had the longest deployment to the area. The unit received orders to remain in Iraq just before it was to return home, but all its gear had been shipped off, saving the unit from an even longer deployment.
Pat Anderson, a longtime friend of Mayo's grandmother Mona Lennox and a resident at Diamond Rock, brought Mayo's name to a group of residents who hold a weekly prayer group. Many of them attended Wednesday morning's breakfast.
Many of Mayo's family members and
friends were also on hand, and there was nary a one who didn't pray for Mayo during his time in Iraq.
Mayo, who is stationed at Fort Stewart in Hinesville, Ga., is a believer that all that prayer - as well as some of his own - brought him home safely and ear?lier than the Army had planned.
"I think God finally answered all of those prayers for me to come back," he said. "I prayed every night to come home and I woke up one morning and they said, 'Guys, get ready, we're going home.'"
The prayer group at Diamond Rock meets every Thursday at 7 p.m. and two of its members, Ron?nie Norton and Theresa O'Rourke, said it prays for anyone in need.
O'Rourke said they would natu?rally pray for a serviceman, and it was clear by Anderson's descrip?tion that Mayo's grandmother was in need of spirtual support, too.
"When I heard he was going to war, all I could do was cry," said a teary-eyed Lennox. "I thought I was going to have a heart attack before he got back home."
Mayo said he had several close calls in combat, many of which strenghtened his dependence on prayer and belief in God. He said the major turning point for him came when his unit was stopped at a checkpoint and became the target of incoming mortar rounds.
Another horrifying moment was when he saw a friend die. It also solidified his beliefs.
"I was probably 200 feet away and I actually saw the rocket come in and hit his vehicle," he said.
Mayo said those tense moments reminded him of the promise he made to his wife Amanda that he would see her and his family again. He said there were times when he knew it was God keeping that promise for him.
On June 3, Mayo finally made it home, a little less than a month past his 21st birthday and his first wedding anniversary. On Satur?day his mother, Kim Bouchey, will hold a party to celebrate both.
Mayo is looking forward to the party to relax and enjoy time with his family, a promise he is very happy to keep.

?The Record 2003

...The party is Saturday, will be there, and prayers go out to the rest of our troops still in harms way, Amen...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 07-17-2003, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Welcome home Mayo. Well done.