Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2003, 06:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Help From the Inside

Local man helped
with Lynch rescue
Nasiryah lawyer gave Marines info on hospital, security

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 3, 2003
6:27 p.m. Eastern

? 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

An Iraqi lawyer and his family provided the U.S. military with critical information about the whereabouts of former POW Pfc. Jessica Lynch, enabling her to be rescued, according to a report on the Marines website.

The Iraqi is being identified only as "Mohammad" for his own protection.

"I came to the hospital to visit my wife," said the man whose wife was a nurse. "I could see much more security than normal."

Mohammad says he asked one of the doctors why the hospital had increased security.

"He told me there was a woman American soldier there," Mohammad said.

Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch smiles following her rescue by Special Forces

He says he then went looking for the American, who was in the hospital suffering from two broken legs and a broken arm, injuries presumably suffered during a firefight preceding her capture on March 23. Peering through the window of her hospital room, he witnessed and Iraqi colonel slapping Lynch.

"My heart stopped," Mohammad said. "I knew then I must help her be saved. I decided I must go to tell the Americans."

Mohammad, a Nasiryah resident, walked 10 kilometers to inform U.S. Marines that the 19-year-old woman was being held in the town's Saddam Hussein Hospital.

He says he approached a U.S. checkpoint with his hands high in the air.

"[A Marine sentry] asked, 'What you want?' " Mohammad said. "I want to help you. I want to tell you important information ? about Jessica!"

According to the report, the Marines to whom Mohammad talked gave him instructions to return to the hospital and take note of the number of guards, the hospital's layout and other details.

After he went back to the hospital, Mohammad, as Lynch's captors discussed amputating her leg, leaned down to the prisoner and whispered, "Don't worry."

The Iraqi informant carefully recorded information about the hospital and the security forces guarding Lynch.

"I went to see the security," he said. "I watched where they stood, where they sat, where they ate and when they slept."

The Iraqi family that provided information for POW rescue.

According to the Marines report, while Mohammad was observing the security, his wife and 6-year-old child were visited by some of Saddam's security agents. The family members reportedly fled, but many of their possessions and their car were seized.

During the days he was making notes about Lynch's situation, Mohammad says he never failed to greet her each morning with "good morning" in English.

When reporting back to the Marines on March 30, he brought five different maps he and his wife had made, said the report. He was able to point to the exact room in which the captured soldier was being held. He also handed over the security layout, reaction plan and times that shift changes occurred.

Thanks to the information from Mohammad, the Marines were able to determine that a helicopter could be landed on the hospital's roof to rescue the woman. She was plucked out of the facility on April 1 and now is in a medical facility in Germany.

"Iraq is not a safe place while Saddam Hussein is in power," Mohammad said. "He kills the Iraqi people whenever he wants. I believe the Americans will bring peace and security to the people of Iraq."

Mohammad and his family reportedly have been granted refugee status. His wife says she would like to volunteer to help injured American forces.

"America came here to help us," he said. "The Marines are brave men. They have been gentle with the Iraqi people. They are taking out Saddam Hussein. For that, we're grateful."

(I predict that will read of many more instances where the Iraqi people will risk life and limb to help in the overthrow. Great story!
Scouts Out!!)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2003, 07:17 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Brice

I think you`re right..as this thing unfolds heros of many colors and creeds will evolve.

Peace,Griz
Old 04-03-2003, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post When this war is over . . . .

Ten years from now, the USA will be praised for making the right decision to Free Iraq. Good me everywhere enjoy Freedom!! The Doctor and Lawyer and their families are heroes.

Keith
Old 04-03-2003, 07:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Not a follower of Islam but may Allah be with these kind and gentle people!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tears roll...

...down my cheek while reading about the bravery of this man...

...he knew the risk of supporting any effort by the American forces could mean the slaughter of his own family, but knew in his heart what must be done...

...they label us as the invaders, but Keith is correct, 10 years from now when history accounts are written, it will reflect that we care, and the Iraqi people care, ther really isn't much difference between us when it comes right down to it...

...we all bleed red........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-04-2003, 02:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up SCOUT

Thanks for bringing this story to us. I hope this man is representative of the majority of the Iraqi people. Knowing that there are people like this there, justifies our goal to liberate them. This man, and his brave wife, feels the same way. Why else would they be willing to die, and put their families in such grave danger, if they were content with the Hussein government? A good example that not all Muslims are of the same rabid, murderous ilk as Hussein, Bin-Laden, and these other gangsters that do all these terrible things in the name of Allah.

"Thank You, Sir, For Stepping Up And Doing The Right Thing"
Old 04-04-2003, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Before

... this story broke on the World News Net, and when I heard of her rescue, I told my wife that somebody on the inside had to tell our forces some really good intel: they knew what room she was in. I had surmised that it was some Iraqi doctor, whose heart was in the right place, that got the word out to the Marines, and then ultimately into the hands of the Rangers and the Seals. Turns out the real heroine was the wife, a nurse, who told her husband, a lawyer, who told.... and so the story goes! Does this sound like the makings of a great movie, or what!! Hell, I think I'll start writing the script right now!! In the parting scene, we could show how piglet, (remember him from the old site,) is being pursued over the horizon, into the sunset, by a crazed mob of pig whuppers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."