The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2018, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question “Oumuamua-cide?”

11-10-2018

“Oumuamua”, an Hawaiian Word meaning messenger (or scout), is the name that has been assigned to a chunk of space material that zipped by us at breakneck speeds on its way to who knows what, and from who knows where? Its purpose, if it has one, is unknown and (according to what I have read) its speed is such that we probably could not catch it – even if we wanted to?

This chunk of space junk, if that is truly what it is, does bring up an intriguing question however, it being that, and as Shakespeare once said: “There are more things in heaven and earth than man has ever dreamed!”

So let me ask you this: “If something that was previously unknown to us here upon this planet, can whizz by us, like this “Oumuamua” recently did, then just how secure, omnipotent and safe does that really make you feel?

In short, “We Gods of The Universe” are still but mere babes in the woods of the unknown. And that is still a big old universe out there - one that is filled with wonders and dangers that mankind may never really begin to understand??

Hardcore

--------------------------------------------

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oumuamua-...084000013.html

Oumuamua: Scientist who suggested strange space rock could be alien spacecraft speaks out

Andrew Griffin The Independent•November 9, 2018

The Harvard scientists who suggested a piece of space rock might actually be an alien spacecraft flying past Earth says the strange visitor "doesn't look like anything we've seen before".

Astronomer Avi Loeb kicked off international intrigue when he co-authored a paper that suggested Oumuamua, which flew past Earth last year, could have been a probe sent by aliens from deep in space to survey Earth. The research explored the unexpected movement of the rock and suggested that it could be a "lightsail", which was sent intentionally by aliens to investigate Earth.

But even if the rock has a natural origin then it is incredibly strange, Professor Loeb told the Today programme. It has a strange shape, doesn't show the characteristics usually observed in comets and asteroids, and is flying through space in a way that scientists wouldn't expect it to, he said.

"Most intriguingly it's moving on a trajectory that implies an extra push in addition to the gravitational force from the sun," he said. "There seems to be another force acting on it."

It is that strange behaviour that led Professor Loeb and a colleague to speculate that the rock could have been thrown out by some explosion, deep in space, from an extraterrestrial civilisation. They even suggested that the object could be a probe intentionally sent through space.

It makes the object fascinating to scientists wherever it came from, he said.

"It's the very first interstellar object that we discovered in the solar system, passing near the earth," he said. "And it's sort of like having a guest for dinner and realising that out of the other guests you have this one is from a foreign country and you can learn about the culture in that country without paying the airline ticket to go there."

Ultimately it will be very difficult to find out more about Oumuamua, because it has flown quickly out of the solar system and away from view. He said he hoped that we would have been able to chase it down – we currently lack the technology to fly fast enough to do so, but that within a decade or two we should be have those kind of rockets.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:50 PM

Question

HC - it could have been a splinter from a collision with a space object and a chip of it just happened to be thrown in our direction. I seriously doubt it was an alien artifact. I enjoy these type of threads that sorta take us into another subject matter. Do I believe in aliens not yet haven't seen any but I think I have a few in my neighborhood who just might be?
-
I like science and watch a lot of it on the science channel. We have so many upcoming space projects I doubt I will live long enough to see a moon base or a live landing on Mars - but you never know.
-
I would like to know what the Earth will be doing in say 50K years and if we will still be here is the first question? Do I believe we are the only humanoids in our galaxy I do think so. We are unique until proven otherwise. Visitor's from space mating with our ancestors I don't think so.
-
The future is unknown to all of us. First of all we have to learn to get along with all peoples on this earth. We can't do that right now but maybe in 500 years if we haven't destroyed our planet who knows. But it would be something to see.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote