The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Religion And Politics

We are setting a very bad precedence against Mitt Romney . Some Groups of people say they will not vote for him because he's Mormon.
The Christan religion are Just as Nuts , if not more, Than the Radical Muslims that preach intolerance to other religions.
Just ask the people that live in Ireland.
The "Officials" in our country wanted Muslim clerics to speak out against those that would preach intolerance, Well I would ask those same officials to speak out against any group of people that would Not vote for someone based on religion.
I have no idea about Mitts voting record or where he stands on the issues that face our country, But His record and his actions should be what decides a vote not his religion.
If Christan's let Christan groups get away with preaching intolerance such as , Being a Mormon is a reason not to vote for him, Then the Christan's need to look in the mirror and ask 'am I a perfect Christan'

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 AM

Ron

I'm a follower of Jesus & these folks DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME.Frankly, I'm too busy trying to get the log out of my own eye to judge other people. Not my job.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ron...

What do you expect even over here on General Posts, since everything imaginable and even what's flat-out right or wrong (stupid also) is overly-politicized in overly-political America?

Still, what's with this comparing general Christians & Mormon Christians with Fanatical Islam and/or our avowed mass-killers/assassins/destroyers? Don't believe that Christians or Mormons want to conquer the world for Allah or God, either.

Besides, Christians & Mormons don't swear to God to mass-murder/slaughter as many Americans & Westerners as possible.
Whereas FANATICAL ISLAM...does just that.

Neil
Old 02-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There is a place not far from my home called ?Jack?s Valley? and this is from the term ?Jack Mormon? meaning a less than fully committed Mormon and usually at odds with Salt Lake City over doctrine issues, etc. The oldest ?white? settlement in this area is Mormon Station and dates to the 1840?s, but these days goes by the name of Genoa and is known as a haunt for wealthy connoisseurs-power users of South American ?nose candy? and not a Mormon to be found anymore.

Been around Mormons all my life and appreciate some of their attributes and pass on others. All n? all, good folks but somewhat clannish in many instances and give back as many hits as they take.
Bootcamp mate Al has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor but being a very committed and practicing Mormon, is taking things in stride and I have to respect that. He called and asked that I consider being a pall barer when the time comes and assured him I would, what does one say.

Politics is nasty business and intra Christian politics can very rude also. Harry Reid is a Mormon as well and the Liberal agendas he drives are totally off the Mormon reservation, I mean way far gone, but his version of Mormonism doesn?t seem to raise a single brow except among the Mormons. It?s possibly a similar situation with Mitt and he?ll take more heat simply because he?s not in the Liberal camp and little other reason except the usual intra-Christian crashing and bashing about.

Scamp
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I could never be. . . . .

I could never be president of the United States because I'm a cleric. Too many folks in the USA are afraid of someone who says they are a cleric. Yet, I may be a good president but because I'm a cleric no one will ever know because folks will think that preachers can't govern.
Having said that, I don't think it is wrong to be concerned about a canidate because they belong to a certain religous group. However, making a blanket statement I wouldn't vote for him because he is . . . Mormon or Baptist or Catholic is pretty stupid. When I was mayor of a town I had some high school kids tell me it was illegal for a minister to be in politics. I asked them were they got that idea and they said their teacher told them that. There are some out there that believe if you have any religious conviction you can't think logically, which is also stupid. But, this teacher in high school was teaching that it violated separation of church and state.
However, examining a person's religion can be helpful in understanding their thought process. However, Morman values in most areas are pretty close to standard Christian values. I would consider voting for a Morman even though I don't agree with much of their theology.
Religion and Politics have always mixed. Sometimes the mix has been a total disaster and other times the mix has been very good, it all depends the individual and how he mixes the two.

My advice: Know the person's political views and voting records and then you'll know how to vote for or against them. A blank statement on religion can be misleading.

Keith
Old 02-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Advisor
It is kind of your job, as a follower of Jesus . Just as it is the Job of Muslims to denounce the Extremest, you should also speak up and say that these people don't speak for me, Just as you did to me.

Sea

Harry Reid is not running for president and if he was I would hope his views on how to run the country would be voted on and not his religion.

Neil
I guess you can take whatever you wish from my post and twist the meaning of a paragraph to suite whatever it is your thinking. However the point was that Voting for or against someone because of there religion is just stupid. and the Predestines and Catholics of Ireland have proven this for a lot of years , Or as I like to call them"avowed mass-killers/assassins/destroyers" . Your words to describe Fanatical Islam fits just fine for those in Ireland (Christan's) .

Ron
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ron...

Twisted nothing about: "Religion and Politics".

Merely stated the fact that any Americans whom would vote for a
president from Fanatical Islam and/or our AVOWED to ALLAH
mass-murderers/killers so as not to offend anyone or be
politically-correct,...ARE FOOLS!!!

Sorry if you find that offensive or: "Stupid".
Hey,...for me and mine I'm into survival,...not silly politics.
Don't believe that's: "Stupid" at all.

Neil
Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Again , You read what ever you want to out of a group of words.
You put " marks around Stupid indicating I said it was stupid. Maybe reading comprehension in the 6th grade should have been taken again.

Your words " Hey,...for me and mine I'm into survival,...not silly politics.
Don't believe that's: "Stupid" at all."

Just when and where did I say anything about it being stupid for you to be into survival and not silly politics?

The only time I mentioned Stupid was " Voting for or against someone because of there religion is just stupid"
Hear I'll make it Bold FOR you.

Voting for or against someone because of there religion is just stupid

This is ridiculous Neil. Just stop reading my post it's much easier. But it would not be as entertaining for the rest of the peanut gallery.

Ron
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Kieth
My point also was that , Like you said "making a blanket statement I wouldn't vote for him because he is . . . Mormon or Baptist or Catholic is pretty stupid"

It's the Christan community's responsibility to speak up against those that say they would not vote for someone because of religion, Just as it should be the responsibility of Muslims to speak out against Muslims that preach intolerance.
The Muslims don't speak out and the Christan's don't speak out.

The end to all this for Muslims is a Muslim world.
The end to all this for Christan's is a Christan world.

Theres only a short distance between the two.

Ron

ps
this should be some good reading for Neil, (all those 3 syllable words)
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ron...

NONSENSE Oh Fool, and especially as to WHAT those YOU so
superiorily call: "The peanut gallery",...BELIEVE or NOT.

Still, what's with the-big-hang-up of insulting me or ANYONE ELSE
not agreeing with EVERY word you write, or as usual just repeat?

Believe it would be MUCH more sensible of you to express same
such animosity towards Fanatical Islam rather than towards me,
and/or any other Christian American for that matter.

Besides, why keep knocking Christians, while always giving
Killer Islam a pass?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Neil