The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Changing Directions?

As I said yesterday, Garner and Bodine have, for all intent and purpose, been given the boot! I just witnessed two U.S. Congressmen on the tube talking about the new game plan in Iraq, and it disturbs me greatly!

According to these two gents, the United States is switching directions and is veering away from a military solution to diplomacy, the root of all evil in some cases! Apparently, some reason that with Hussein gone, it?s the military presence that is causing the looting and civil unrest - ?BULL SHIT!!?

And what about this new Ayatollah that has just come to town (Najaf, Iraq)? Didn't something like this happen a few years ago in Iran? And this guy is talking just like that guy in Iran did years ago!

When Hussein was in power, replete with his massive armed force, how much rioting went on then? Now I am not saying that the sword and boot are mightier than the verbose mouth of the "Diplomutt", but it is my own personal opinion, that if we change directions now, we may have done little more that clear the field for another cowering despot or two to slip into power in the Middle East? Maybe even one of "Hussein?s Old Cronies, or this newly arrived Ayatollah perhaps!?"

"We went into Iraq great guns, and got the job done!" Most of the American people backed the President in this move, but if things turn sour, who will clear up the next mess - Gulf War III perhaps!

I still think that what is going on in Iraq now (i.e.-looting and rioting) is not the fault of Garner, Bodine, or any American presence! Unrest like this can happen anywhere, anytime (including Watts and East L.A. etc)! And if Diplomacy alone brings peace to Iraq, it will surprise the Hell out of me! "It is not only praise that stops at the top, but also the buck!!"

Do you want so-called diplomacy - ?Then go to the United Nations!?? The end result will be back to square #1 in short order! And have no doubts about it, the UN and other are slowly working their way back into power in the Middle East! (opinion)

The expectation was that two people (Garner & Bodine) were going to perform instantaneous miracles in Iraq, and apparently, this did not come to pass! So now, like Kimmel and Short (Pearl Harbor), the blame has to fall upon someone!!

Hey, I imagine that many in Japan didn?t like the presence of General Douglas Mac Arthur after World War II either! ?But he stayed, and peace and stability returned!?

This new game plan in Iraq may work, but if it don?t - ?LOOK OUT!!?

VERITAS
Old 05-12-2003, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

First-off, anyone in authority from any country that believes The Iraqi War (Part II) is actually over, especially while Coalition Forces are still taking casualties,...are morons.

Then too, there's that history bit of after WWII and the occupation of both Japan and Germany lasting about 6 or so years, since and just as in Iraq, not all Japanese and all Germans loved The American and The British Victors.

Yeah, I know it's hard to believe that everyone in the world does love The Yanks or The Brits. Regardless, and whom loves whom aside, and if it took: "6 or so years" to let the Germans and Japanese finally govern themselves,...how-the-hell can anyone in their right mind think that Iraqis can protect and govern themselves in just weeks or months?

Such just isn't possible,...unless having ANOTHER Iran instead of Iraq next to Iran is what's wanted. Democracy installations while safeguarding The People take time. Whereas Mullahdoms or dictatorships are really quick to establish, since non-compliance bringing on death does sort-of expidite things.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote