The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Soldier

9-7-2018

These came in from the 24th Infantry Division and Thought you might like to read it as well.
----------------------------
It Is The Soldier, Not The Poet Who Gives Us Freedom Of Speech.

It Is The Soldier, Not The Reporter Who Gives Us Freedom Of The Press.

It Is The Soldier, Not The Campus Organizer Who Gives Us Freedom To Protest.

It Is The Soldier Who Serves Beneath The Flag, And Whose Coffin Is Drapped By The Flag, Who Gives The Demonstrater The Right To Burn The Flag.
-------------------------------
The rifleman fights without promise of either reward or relief. Behind every river there’s another hill – and behind that hill, another river.

After weeks or months in the line only a wound can offer him the comfort of safety, shelter, and a bed.

Those who are left to fight, fight on, evading death but knowing that with each day of evasion they have exhausted one more chance for survival. Sooner or later, unless victory comes, this chase must end on the litter or in the grave.

General Of The Army
Omar N. Bradley “A Soldier’s Story”
------------------------------------
Soldier

I was that which others did not want to be.

I went where others feared to go, and did what others failed to do.

I asked nothing from those who gave nothing, and reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal loneliness…. Should I fail.

I have seen the face of terror; felt the stinging cold of fear; and enjoyed the sweet taste of a moment’s love.

I have cried, pained, and hoped…. But most of all, I have lived times others would say were best forgotten.

At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was …. A soldier.

Anonymous