The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2003, 05:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Political Correctness run amok

Mexican-Americans in Texas want to use a word other than ?massacre? to describe an incident in which Mexican forces shot hundreds of Texans, burned their bodies and left the remains to vultures because it is insensitive to their ancestors, reports the New York Times. [We can only hope that this report was not written by Jayson Blair, the poster child of what happens when Diversity if practiced instead of excellence.]

The activists from Goliad, Texas, where more than 300 Texas rebels were killed by Mexican troops in 1836 in what has been known as the Goliad Massacre (search), would prefer the word ?execution? because the soldiers were merely carrying out orders. Benny Martinez, president of Goliad's chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens (search), said Anglos in town continue to use the word because they "still hate Mexicans and using 'massacre' is a subtle way for them to express it." [If Senor Martinez is so prescient to know that we 'still hate' them, why doesn't he know that we really give a rat's ass what he thinks? Is he proposing to change all the history books, so that his little group doesn't "feel" bad? It was a massacre we Anglos got over it by kicking the shit out of the Mexican Army at San Jacinto. Next time, Benny, get a better general!]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2003, 11:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

My responce to such individuals is that if they are American citizens. Why are they worried what a incident in 1836 ( that was perpetuated by the Mexican Government and its Army) Is called today ?? And by the way we don't like to be called Anglo's we prefer American
Old 07-25-2003, 01:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout...

As a TOTAL American, I personally don't give a-rat's-ass what any half-assed American and/or hyphenated Americans think about their preferred foreign cultures. I figure that since THIS is The Country that I give sole allegiance to and prefer,...The Partime Americans should simply move to where "They" prefer, and leave the rest of us Full Time Americans alone.

Though SS,...people trying to change America and its history to foolishly show places ESCAPED FROM as being more favorable than America,...IS AS ASININE AS IT GETS in my eyes.

Still, and in fairness to the apparent lovers of those countries that once subjugated and executed them,...We TOTAL Americans apparently aren't too bright either. After all, and as no other country on earth does, We TOTAL Americans are perpetually caving-in (to rulers' dictates) to every individual race (White excluded), foreign ethnicity and diversity that comes-down-the-pike,...which IS ALSO JUST AS ASININE AS IT GETS(if not more so).

Neil, an un-hyphenated (ASININE Subject also) American.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

OK so shall we call the Fort Pillow Massacre the Fort Pillow Executions. How does the Boston Execution sound? Its bunk, its hooey!! Tell them to get a life. What about the St. Valentine's Day Execution. That has ring to it!

I HATE Political Correctness!!!

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 07-25-2003, 02:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I Suppose All the Victims of the Holocaust

I Suppose All The Victims Of The Holocaust Were "Executed"
Because The Soldiers Were Just Obeying Orders? Execution indicates that the victims deserved to die because of some crime. Massacre indicates that innocent folks were killed. A Big Difference! This certainly is PC going Amuck!

However, if you tried the reversal when American troops massacred Native Americans, there would be an uproar in the PC community.

PC is and always has been a bunch bunk!

Keith
Old 07-28-2003, 10:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don?t remember the exact circumstances of Goliad but as I recall there was a surrender and subsequent mass killing of surrendered troops. Why would that be called anything other than a massacre? Does changing words revise history or is that part of the plan as well. In my opinion, PC is a fairly thin exercise in subtrafudge. Some things like the Battle of the Little Big Horn were/are in need of qualified academic study and correction as necessary, but only because the original reports and public beliefs were one huge hair ball of PC deception in the first place. Fine, clean those up but leave facts and supportable history alone is what I think.
One of the funniest myths I encounter from time-to-time is that a VN era Cruiser would turn turtle if all the turret guns were fired simultaneously. Nope, all gun salvos were common as pig tracks and all we did was skitter sideways about six ft. or so. No rolls or glug, glugs. But the myth lives on.

Scamp
Old 07-31-2003, 07:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Let us never forget...

Sand Creek, Wounded Knee, or the Trail of Tears... either.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default BLUEHAWK

True and real masacres indeed, committed by Yellow-legs. And let us not forget the My Lai massacre. As I've stated before, had I been on the court martial board, I would have voted to hang that sorry SOB.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-02-2003, 07:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Scout -

Am I halfway right on this next idea?

There were a WHOLE bunch of "Buffalo Soldiers" assigned, detailed to handle a lot of those massacres out West?

Does that mean, in contemporary PC language, that those trooper's carrying out of duty would today be considered genocide, too?
Old 08-02-2003, 08:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default BLUE

Not being inordinantly gifted with knowledge about the duties and functions of the Buffalo Soldiers, I would be remiss, it not downright in error (hard to believe, but I'll admit it!) if I wrote about what they did or didn't do. But with all the massacres (there's that words again) of Native Americans by US troops, it might be a stretch to think that only Blacks were involved. I would say that many more White soldiers were the perps.

(Notice my total lack of political correctness: I refuse to use the bogus term "African-American" to describe a Black, as I think it's geo-babble. Not every person coming from Africa is Black, as witnessed by the Moroccans, Algerians, Egyptians etc. And I don't refer to our original inhabitants as "Indians." Indians are from India, and it was the stupid Christopher Columbus who called them "Indians." Just because he was lost, using somebody else's money for his trip, lost more money on other bad investments, and was a poor manager of people [damn, now doesn't that sound like a job description for a Democrat?] doesn't mean that we should blindly follow his errors and keep referring to them as they ain't.)