The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Milking It To Death

9-4-2018

“They say that if something works, you don’t constantly try to fix it! It must also be noted however, that you can also be guilty of working a thing to death!”

Like anything else in life, however, when something is new and novel, it is in high demand! This includes a new product, a political agenda and even new friends. Unfortunately, however, most things, (and people as well), often become typecast, taken for granted, or even predictable - and when that occurs, you can often read them like a book!

Have you ever noticed however, that a new television or movie series is greeted with elation and excitement, but after a while, it too often becomes humdrum, readable, and even boring? And the same is true with most things in life (opinion), and unless we are thrown a curve-ball every now and then, we pretty well know what is going to happen, and this, even before it occurs?

And once again in my opinion: “This is also becoming true in politics!” For even with their army of “Experts And Know-It- Alls”, some of what we are witnessing in politics is, in reality, “Yesterdays News!”

And as for me – “I Am What I Am!” And After All Is Said And Done, All That Anyone Can Say Is What They Personally Feel And Truly Believe!!

Hardcore
Old 09-04-2018, 09:58 AM

Unhappy

HC - this is all very true. This is why Term Limits are needed to bring in new ideas and strategies. Politics is a nasty business - how anyone would want to make a career of this job is beyond me. Two-Terms and you're out. No full pensions - get out and get a job. I saw a report on the amount of money that the US pays out every year to those who've worked in the government. It's shocking.

Full time jobs in government become stale and outdated in most cases. We also call it - DEAD WOOD! an expression we've all heard at one time or another. Also too many back door deals are often made to secure projects for special interest.

Our government is in a closed loop with no progress. Nothing is getting done to the intra-structure - roads and bridges. Crime is high - I live in a Chicago Suburb and shootings and robberies are rampid. Both parents work and kids run the streets and getting shot by drive-by's.

Cost are climbing while the rich are making money. The jobs around here paying low scale in most cases. Many stores or chains are closing down for good. K-Mart as of Nov 25th will cease to exist. Gas prices fluctuate 25 cents a gallon every week.

Property taxes go up every year. Many have lost their homes. Illinois is not doing so great the last 15 years. Indiana does a little better but they are feeling the pinch as well.

There no jobs that pay a decent wage (min-or less in most cases plus no medical).

The Canadians bought all of the rail-roads in the US.
Steel Mill's in East Chicago, IN are just barely holding on.
Currently only jobs to be found are over-the-road drivers and they can't find enough to deliver the products from overseas.

Our US manufacturing base is hardly existent and more. In the 50/60's work was everywhere. No most towns have fast food and grocery stores or gas stations not much more. Many major chains are closing stores across the country.

The outcome doesn't look good for the majority of folks.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote