The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Denzel Washington

Sorry guys -couldn't get the pics to attach

Subject: Denzel Washington
Subject: Brooks Army Medical Center

Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio,Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers that have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the States, especially burn victims. They have buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base but as you can imagine, they are almost completely filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question I have is why does Alec Baldwin, Madonna, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America crap and this doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the base newspaper in San Antonio.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Dennis
I think I can answer that question.
Danzel washington should be honored for his generosity., But the news wont do that because its too positive If there was a way they could turn this story around ( lets say the money was drug money) It would hit every newspaper and tabloid magazine in the world.
Now as far as Madonna and those other scum bags go: They create negative news. (bad news good, good news bad)
Thats the reason I dont subscribe to any newspapers or watch the news. (except for Shepherd Smith, Fox news occasionally)
Its not worth it to constantly read about innacurate negative news. There's too much good going on out there and thats what I want to hear about................This is my opinion only
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:09 AM

I agree with every word
Old 08-26-2005, 05:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Have not watched the news in at least two years and get the daily paper just for the crossword puzzle.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Denzel Washington

If this happened, way to go DW. However I don't believe most stories out there, There useually is a agenda behind the story.

Ron
Old 08-26-2005, 06:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The actual story here is that he did make a donation, and a substantial one, but not enough to build one of the houses. The amount has been way over-reported. All that aside.....WAY TO GO DENZEL. Oh, and of course the media isn't going to cover something like this. Duh!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-26-2005, 06:30 AM

Thumbs up Paco's right

I am in San Antonio and I go not only to Audie Murphy but to BAMC where I help with Vets. That story was going around and did get blown out of proportion. Mr. Washington did give a large donation but not enough to build a Fisher House, but he did help more then any of those others that could and won't.

Like Paco said "WAY TO GO DENZEL" .
Old 09-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Robert J Ryan

agree with all of you, press won't report anything postive twoard the war effort. Like B1396 said bad news is good news to the media.