The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2002, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Rumors and war stories

x-grunt gave me a copy of , and I just reread " The things they carried " by Tim O'Brien, 1990. Concerning war stories, I have several versions in my head about the day I shot a guy two inches from the muzzel of my rifle. Don't mean nothing , James , stories are not absolute or unchanging. Concerning rumors O'Brien writes of a guy who gets his girlfriend over to Bitnam , to his FSB, and she turns into a killer and slips into the jungle never to be seen again. Not probable but possible. In my AO the rumor was two Marines , one white , one black , had deserted years ago and were now leading NVA units through the DMZ and teaching them how we set up etc. They were called Salt and Pepper and were spotted all the time by other units. We were looking for them all the time but never saw them but we all believed they were out there. Not probable but possible. Any other rumors out there y'all remember ? Some people pay $200 an hour for a shrink and I can come here and post for much less - thanks. Welcome home to all the brothers.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links