The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2020, 10:28 AM

Red face Trump ordered Mar-a-Lago staff to rip out Melania's redecorations to his private quar

Trump ordered Mar-a-Lago staff to rip out Melania's redecorations to his private quarters when he returned for Christmas, report says
By: Bill Bostock - Business Insider News - 12-30-20
Re: https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ut-cnn-2020-12

* President Donald Trump disliked renovations made to his Mar-a-Lago resort by his wife, Melania, so much that he had them ripped out, CNN reported.

* "He was not happy with it," a source told CNN, adding that Trump berated resort management upon his arrival last week for Christmas.

* At Trump's orders, resort staff removed "white marble and an abundance of dark wood," CNN said.

* Trump was said to be "moody" during the trip, CNN reported. His 500-person New Year's Eve party, however, is scheduled to go ahead.

President Donald Trump returned to his beachside Mar-a-Lago resort for a restful Christmas break last week but was so displeased with redecorations overseen by his wife, Melania Trump, that he ordered them to be torn out, CNN reported.

"He was not happy with it," a source told CNN, adding that Trump berated resort staff members upon arrival, telling them to remove "white marble and an abundance of dark wood."

The staff quickly obliged the president's order, CNN said.

Trump and the first lady landed in Palm Beach, Florida, last Wednesday and are expected to return to Washington in the new year.

The renovations were dreamed up and overseen by the first lady and her interior decorator, Tham Kannalikham, according to CNN.

ABC News was first to report that Mar-a-Lago was being renovated in November. In December, People magazine reported that the president's quarters would be "expanded and spruced up" to "make it larger, more modern, and comfortable." Trump is said to be planning to settle in Florida after his presidential term ends next month.

It would not be the first time Melania Trump's interior-design efforts had gone unappreciated by her husband.

CNN said Trump took issue with renovations overseen by the first lady at Camp David, the Maryland country retreat of US presidents, when he visited for Thanksgiving.

Just before taking office in 2016, Trump told journalists that Camp David was "very rustic" but didn't express enthusiasm at visiting. "You know how long you'd like it?" he said. "For about 30 minutes."

An unnamed club source told CNN that Trump had been "moody" throughout his latest stay at Mar-a-Lago, with another source saying, "The vibe is off."

Trump was said to have emerged Monday night, however, to say hello and congratulate a couple who had just been married at the resort, CNN reported.

The president's 500-person New Year's Eve party at the resort is scheduled to go ahead, CNN said.
Trump has yet to publicly outline his post-presidency plans. President-elect Joe Biden is set to take over the White House on January 20.

It is expected, however, that Trump will move back to Mar-a-Lago.

In November, US Secret Service agents working on the president's detail were asked whether they'd accept a transfer to Palm Beach, Florida, ABC News reported.

Even before his election loss, Trump and the first lady took steps to deepen their ties with Florida. In September 2019, the pair changed their primary residence status from New York City to Palm Beach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: I don't argue with the wife when she wants to do something! My wife runs the house 100% what she want she gets - period! You will live a lot longer by not arguing with your wife household modifications! Now my garage is mine - all mine!!!! Women are very particular about their home furnishings' - and room color's - and types carpeting - and the appliances - the sooner you learn that - the better it is for you! Believe me!!! I know.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links