Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2003, 11:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool This Means War

This Means War
by: Jonathan David Morris | Archives
email: jdm@readjdm.com

Sometimes you just want to punch a protester in the mouth. It doesn't necessarily matter which protester, either. It's an equal-opportunity urge. The first one you find will suffice. They've pretty much all got some shutting up to do.

It sounds a bit drastic, I know, but I'd be lying if I told you I haven't felt the itch. I've no intentions of scratching it, mind you, but I have, indeed, felt it more times than I care to recall. If you're a hawk, then you've probably felt it, too. That's what a long, drawn-out debate about a "rush to war" does to us. It only makes us angrier than we were when the war was first proposed. We know that hitting solves everything, and delaying the inevitable only makes us want to prove it.

You can't just go around punching protestors, though. Or let me rephrase that: You can go around punching protestors, but I wouldn't recommend it. They want you to punch them, after all. They want you to prove you're a brute. So, it's worth restraining yourself just to keep them guessing.

The truth, of course, is most doves are as militant as hawks. It's just that they act less like birds and more like horses -- the Trojan brand, if you will. That they won't admit it only makes coexistence all the more maddening. Holding back on the dude with the Bush-as-Hitler poster isn't exactly easy, I mean. Same goes for the jerk who says Cheney, Rumsfeld and Ashcroft are the Axis of Evil. Oh, and when someone says "No Blood For Oil"? That's the worst. That's when the urge to punch these people really kicks in. The way I figure, if you can restrain yourself during chants of "No Blood For Oil," then you're twice as peaceful as they'll ever be.

And that's my point.

The peaceniks have been goading the warmongers for months and months now, nearly without end. Somehow, however, so-called warmongers such as myself have managed to show restraint. It's almost enough to make you wonder if we're really warmongers at all. Go figure.

But it's just when we're ready to pat ourselves on the back and shrug our shoulders that the anti-warriors go and do something so unthinkable that you just end up wanting to punch them again -- such as senselessly destroying a September 11th memorial. That's what they did last week in al-Qalifornia, in case you haven't heard. Ordinary folks in Whittier had constructed a makeshift monument in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks, and last week some thugs tore it down. Just like that.

Now, I don't know about you, but this is where I draw the line.

Those of us who actually care about America have put up with the anti-war crowd for a long time now, and I think we've been pretty fair in so doing. We've tried our damnedest to accept their differences in opinion. We've gone the extra mile -- and another couple of miles on top of the extra mile -- just to show we're sensitive to all sides of the issue. We've constantly redrawn the aforementioned line. We've been reasonable to a fault. But if there was ever any question who the peaceniks fight for, the Whittier incident made it clear that they're not on our side.

So, feel free to draw either of the following conclusions:
(1) The protestors can't comprehend the threat we're under; or
(2) They simply don't care.

I'm going with No. 2: They simply don't care.

It would be easy to accuse them of ignorance and pass it off as nothing more. Yet it runs deeper than that. These people simply refuse to acknowledge what America's done for them. The freedoms so cherished by our nation's founders are freedoms the protestors won't fight for. In fact, they fight America when she tries to share those freedoms with the rest of the world.

Our liberty was not built in a day. It is the living, breathing result of so many American generations having shed so much blood. Mohamed Atta tried to knock that all down. The anti-war faction doesn't seem too concerned about someone coming along to finish the job. They say if we make nice, the bogeymen will go away. The world doesn't work like that, however, and at this point I'm convinced that
they know it. Again, though, they don't care.

As much as I don't want to turn this into a discussion of partisan politics, and as much as I believe such talk is trite in a time of imminent war, it's hard to ignore the anti-American trash that the far Left's been spewing the last few months. Look at Sen. Patty Murray commending Usama bin Laden for building roads in third world countries. Look at Rep. Marcy Kaptur comparing al-Qaeda to colonial Americans. Look at ex-attorney general Ramsey Clark calling Jesus a terrorist or Rep. James Moran blaming the war on American Jews. Look at the Pledge of Allegiance getting tossed out of classrooms, the Ten Commandments being treated like curse words, and the yearly assaults on Christmas displays.

Communism necessitates the absence of religion. Meanwhile, most of these anti-war rallies are organized by a front for the Workers World Party. There is an obvious undercurrent here. Do the math. It adds up pretty quickly.

Just as the Islamic extremists wage jihad on Western interests, so, too, does the far Left lead a Holy War against the Judeo-Christian foundation of this country. Saddest of all, Americans are by and large a peaceful people, and many have therefore been duped by the charade.

In light of what happened in Whittier, it's time that charade comes to a close.

I understand that thoughtful _expression is an American institution, but it's an institution our enemies want to destroy. If war protestors are willing to massacre a September 11th memorial, then, like I said before, they either don't get it or just don't care. Either way, their actions speak louder than their words, and we'll see in the coming weeks if they're willing to turn on our soldiers like they did in Vietnam. If they do, then let it be known that our enemies aren't just abroad but also within -- that all bets are off, that this means war.

When we're done with Iraq, Iran, North Korea and France, America will have some serious introspection to tend to. Don't be surprised if it turns ugly. It won't take a punch in the face. The Whittier incident shows us a simple slap will do.

Sempers,

Roger

"Support Our Troops"

United We Stand
God Bless America

Remember our POW/MIA's
I'll never forget!
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2003, 01:09 PM

I'm with you brother!
Don't know how I have kept from slappin' the dogshit out of these idiots.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:59 PM

During Viet Nam I was cursed and spit on.I was forced to watch alledged countrymen and women burn the U.S. flag and fly the NVA flag.I was under orders not to react as I was a soldier and a represenative of the U.S. Army.I am no longer a soldier.I am now a civilian and entitled to act in an idiotic a manner as any other civilian.Figure I'm due a little pay-back.I have,therefore,resolved(at the very least)to spit on the next protester I can find.Unfortuneately,I can't seem to find any in this neck o' the woods.Somebody else find 'em first?Anybody got any idea how a fella could go about importing some?
Old 04-01-2003, 03:43 PM

I would love to send you a few thousand, or all the liberal asses from my state, but I am sure you do not have enough spit for them all.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:47 AM

All right!!Send 'em on!A few thousand'd give us enough to share with some o' the other little towns around here.One o' them had a protester a few years back but they wouldn't share (kinda selfish if you ask me),but that wasn't anti-war anyway.Supposed to have been a big rally by some group known as PETRA or some such.Didn't but one show up an' she couldn't speak Southern so I don't recon anybody ever did figer out just what it was she was rantin' about.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:06 AM

Roger,

I was in a local gin mill last week having a few grappas with the owner. The kid (Ryan) tending bar said he was going in the Marines in May. I shook his hand and thanked him for his service. We talked a little bit about how this would change him and how when he comes back he would look at his friends different.

About a 1/2 hour later about 7 young people came in they knew Ryan was tending bar and hoping for a few free drinks. A couple with longer hair than the others. The news was on and one kid made some statement about the conflict.

Well I had just enough drinks to turn around and say those young people are dying for you and others so you guys can blow your mouth off with negative statements. I was out numbered at least 7 to one and all bigger and younger than me but it must have struck a nerve cause they all apologized.

It didn't make me feel much better but at least I was heard and I was speaking up for our people who are doing a great job over there.

There are many who want to make statements without knowing any of the facts. I wish some of these kids (stateside) would take more time to review the big picture. Why is it they don't?
Why is it they don't realize the freedoms to say and do what they do came with a price.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-02-2003, 08:45 AM

Default A question....

I can't help but wonder why it is that these protesters have all this time to protest?? Do they have JOBS?? Why aren't they WORKING a JOB??

Some people just have too much time on their hands, eh??

Peace.