The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Red face Gotta love cars.....

My car wouldn't start this morning. The battery was run down but I had to go to work so I borrowed my grandpa's van.

Well when I got back we plugged the recharged batter back up and the blower on my defrost in the front was blowin...no key in the car. I hadn't noticed it the day before due to the trash truck compacting trash about 5 feet from my car.Well I call my uncle up and he comes over and we go looking for the relay. Well what we find is that it was the blower control module.

It had the delco part number on it. So I called up one of the buick places here and town and they seem to have total dip shits working for em. He said it would cost 526.52. WELL....in 5 mins on the internet I found that the part was discontinued and there is another part to replace it in another number. He was talking about what we guessed was a processer or something like it.

Its a 90 Buick Park Avenue. I don't care for the car but won't gripe to much because it was free to me. I have never seen a car to have so much electrical problems. This has also seemed to have happened to allot of people with this car.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default GM

Got Machanic, better get one.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

My friend in Portland, OR used to have an old Chevy Malibu and a fireman mentioned to him that a fire extinguisher would be a good investment for him since that make and year had a tendency to have electrical fires under the hood ,sure enough when he got out of the Air Force and moved back to Portland the wiring shorted out and a fire started. The fire extinguisher saved the engine compartment and he replaced a few burnt wires and traded it for a 87' T-Bird.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

WEll I should take back what I say about the most electrical problems. My first car was a 77 Ford Fairmont. It had a nice engine....when it ran. That car went through batteries, alternators and starters like my grandpa goes through candy.

We went junk yard hunting and found the part for 5 bucks.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 PM

The more do-dads you have on a car the more problems you have - I know!! I know!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fairmont

They never made a fairmont with a nice engine.
Unless 200/170 cubic inch 6 is the nice engine/s?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

My first car was a 56 Plymouth something hard top. Cost me $75. Since it was summer I cut off the hard top. Had an automatic on the dash. I would pull into a gas station and fill up the oil and check the gas. Put a really cool wolf whistle on it. I had to leave NJ at the end of the summer so I gave it a Viking funeral and set it on fire in a big parking lot.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Speakin' of torching cars; a neighbor kid (19 years old back then) had a Datsun 280Z. The kid had a very good paying construction job, but the insurance on a car like that for a kid that age was just too much. So, like an idiot, he took his friend's advice, drove it out to a local sandpit, and torched it thinking he would claim it stolen and collect the insurance. What he learned the VERY hard way was, if you're going to do something stupid like that, DON'T stay around to watch the fire with an empty 5 gallon gas can at your feet! That's what the cops saw when they pulled up. He was found guilty of arson and insurance fraud, but the judge was very lenient. He got 5 years probation, and a $5000 fine. He drove a used VW Bug after that.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ron I had the one like the white one. All I remember is that it was a straight 6...have really no clue what it means. It had a black interior some nut put in it with no a/c. It was 200 bucks because the back tire wall was crushed in. They thought it wouldn't run like that. My grandpa and me pried it out and it went off.

I think God knows what he is doing with me. I am a good driver but I like to drive fast and I get really pissed really easy.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Melody, My 67' Mustang has the same engine setup and the voltage regulator was the N01 problem if you didn't catch it in time it would kill the alt and battery by over charging the battery and that would kill the alt so after we figured that out we didn't have too many alt/bat problems. them 200 in-line six cyl were a stout engine. I had a 65 Fairlane 500 with a 200ci 6cyl and when it wore out I put a 300ci 6cyl out of a F100 into it and it would do 120 mph and pass 18 wheelers like nothing. The truckers were always talking about my car going to Blow up (LOL) never did! though I wore out the C4 tranny now its a field ornament on my family's farm in Mo.