The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2018, 02:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Just Get With It

2-20-2018

Some years back, I had a congressman who had read some of my published prattle (op/ed) approach me to do a little writing on his behalf. I gladly took up the challenge, as being the bum that I am, I needed something to occupy my time and to make myself feel that I was still of some value?

It wasn’t a total loss, however, as I did learn one valuable lesson in the process, it being that a writer can often pick up upon just about any subject, and with a little bit or research (or a cattle prod), he can usually wing it from there! Of course, it also helps if “The Clown With The Quill In His Hand” has a big mouth, an opinion about almost everything, and a willingness to let his words take wing!

“And of course, any writer that is even remotely worth his salt knows better than to just comment on the works of others, having (usually) no brain of their own?”

But alas, the biggest hurdles of all to overcome (at least as far as I am concerned or even care), is to “Just Get With It”, trust in the limited abilities of the man behind the pen, and like most other pseudo-writers - just to let your thoughts flow, unintelligible though they may be!?”

Besides That, and taking all things into consideration, at least I am keeping those companies who manufacture ink cartridges in business and eating up some idle time in the process, which at 77 years old, I may be running a bit short of as well – “And So It Is!”

Hardcore
Old 02-20-2018, 04:14 PM

Arrow

HC

Sounds like a manifesto. I won't pretend it's difficult to find the verbiage at times as my literacy is based on rotating equipment and trouble shooting systems. I don't have perfect diction like many others on this site have. I do like to investigate the how and why things tend to fail. We all have one thing were good at but those who are good at everything are rare.
My learning curve took 71 years to accumulate and still many are far more intelligent than I.

Subjects are many but to say I or we all know all there is to know is impractical. I like science and issues that relate to veterans and their needs. My family comes 1st the rest is secondary.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote