The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2002, 06:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Main battery salvo out. Provide additional coordinates, over.

Panama out.

Dear Senator Murray,

Apparently there has been an oversight that needs your attention. Your Constituent, Mr. Tom Andryczyk, has had his VA compensated disability cut from 100% to 30% and this is both unfortunate and places your constituent at unnecessary risk. An examination of the record will indicate that a mistake has been made that needs to be corrected. The highlights of the record include decorated and honorable service with the 25th Infantry Division in Vietnam and career service as a Police Officer to his community. With this as background, and an examination of the medical issues at hand you will find the situation very compelling and in need of positive action on your part. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2002, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default try this...

The Springfield Union
PO Box 2350
Springfield Ma. 01102

As a secondary enclosure,

I would like to add my own personal comments to the one of the many letters you, and many others of the media will be receiving regarding Tom Andrzejczyk.,

In these trying times in our Nation, the finest Nation in the world, It is abominable that a man with such a history of serving our country should be treated in this manner. The fact that Mr. Andrzejczyk put his life on the line many years ago in a far distant land by the calling our of Nation to serve honorably only, to be struck with the malady of CANCER DUE TO THE SPRAYING OF AGENT ORANGE, AND NOW TO BE SHUNNED BY THOSE WHO SHOULD HAVE STOOD BY HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE IS UNACCEPTABLE?

I as a representative of a NY Chapter #38 of the DAV, your western sister state take great pride in being able to call this man my friend, and will support him, and the actions of many, in this quest to correct this injustice, and to further protect the constitutional rights of this fine citizen, and former police officer.

I will be contacting every state leader in the NY DAV, and every one of our elected political leaders in the state from the Governor on down regarding this matter at the statewide convention on June 23rd. through the 26th here in NY, and the voices of the Veterans will be heard loud , and clear?

I expect nothing less from the people, and the state of Massachusetts to fully support this man for he has supported you in his service to his country, and his service to his community.

I will be e-mailing my State leaders to review the practices of the Veterans Administration of the Bosten area to make sure this is only an isolated incident, and that this mistake is corrected in a very timely manner.

Let it be known that Mr. Andrzejczyk has many friends, and relatives that stretch beyond the borders of Massachusetts into New York, and the voting constituents in New York have reaching power into
your state, and should we not see action from the political leaders of Massachusetts, and the Boston Veterans Administration in clearing up this injustice, you will see action in the upcoming elections that reach from our side to yours.

William C. Giles
Service Officer.
Chapter # 38 Troy N.Y. 12180

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-20-2002, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Us guys out west are pumping out the paperwork.

The Washington Group is behind you Andy. We are pumping it out.

We are bound to get some action.

Keith
Old 06-20-2002, 04:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More info on

Addresses and E-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. to send letters out for Andys' reinstatement of his 100% disability rating.

John W. Olver
Massachusetts-1st, Democrat
1027 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515-2101
Phone202)225-5335

Senator Edward M. Kennedy
315 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
202/224-4543

2400 JFK Building
Boston, MA 02203
617/565-3170
E-mail site= http://kennedy.senate.gov/contact.html
Senator John Kerry
304 Russell Bldg.
Third Floor
Washington, D.C, 20510
Phone= (202)224-2742
FAX = (202) 224-8525
E-mail = john_kerry@kerry.senate.gov
Senator John Rockefeller
Chairman/Senate Veterans Affairs Comm.
Washington, D.C.
531 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-6472
(202) 224-7665 (fax)
E-mail = senator@rockefeller.senate.gov
Congressman Christopher H. Smith--New Jersey
Chairman,
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
335 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

or call:

(202) 225-3527
Daily Hampshire Gazette
PO. Box 277
Northampton, MA. 01061

The Springfield Union
PO. Box 2350
Springfield, MA. 01102

If any of you have Senators or Congressman on either the Senate or House veterans affairs committes from your home state MAKE SURE you send them a letter and an E-mail about Andys' situation.

Get the word out folks---Thanks,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default Sorry Andy

As a polock myself i must appoligize because i miss spelled your name in my letter to senator murray who is our senator from washington state she is also on the veteran commitee so i wrote the whole story for her told her to jump on teddy too. I hope all the letters help pal you don't need the extra stress at this time in treatment. hope you feel better soon your friend chris
Old 06-20-2002, 06:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Wow , Gimp thanks, even my old a$$ can move on that info, . Sounds like what we used to call a pile on operation - how ever many platoons it takes to kick ass . Keep movin , bro's. Welcome home.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:29 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Thank you

I had no idea one angry post would generate this kind of response. I thank all of you straight from my heart.

When I was coming out of the daze from today's treatments I had an idea. Sent a letter to the regional director of the VA asking 10 questions, such as, "What writen policy does your office have with regard to reducing a veteran from 100% to 0% when the claim at issue is incurable cancer?" "Exactly who determines that a terminal illness isn't serious enough to provide benefits to a veteran?" Then sent a copy off to the Senators and a few congressmen. Ended the letter to the VA dude with, "I've notify Sen. X, Rep. Y regarding my situation. As soon as I receive your response, I'll pass the news on to them". Don't know if it will work but what the hell.

Gimp: Your amazing, thank you a whole lot. I do have to mention one thing. I've got a Polish cousin named Lis. So there are some short Polish names. Of course at family gatherings We call him Brain, as in Brain Lis. Maybe it's just a Northern thing.

One last thing. We like to think Springfield is a suburb of Easthampton, not the other way around.

Stay healthy, thanks,
Andy
Old 06-20-2002, 06:59 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Excellent form for that letter.

Used to be when I got serious about climbing authority I'd write a list bottom person on the top. When I got a meeting with that person I'd open the notebook and draw a line through their name making sure that they saw the entire chain. Usually didn't have to go far down (up) when they knew where the next stop was and how far I was willing to go.

You are very welcome.

We take care of each other. No one else will.

Joy
Old 06-21-2002, 06:14 AM

Default Andy you hang in there Bro!

I fought these low life?s for thirty years trying to make them understand that gunshot wounds received in Vietnam are service connected.

You've got a great buch of friends working for you.

My letters are in the mail and email is on the way.

Hang in there Bro,

Semper Fi,
Steve
Old 06-21-2002, 03:35 PM

Default Andy,

Got off one letter and working on another.