The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2002, 06:52 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Its easy

to go along with what ever the majority of the people think and say that god should be left in the pledge. Its hard to go against what the majority will. The world is not flat and there are no witches.
I would much rather have some one make disisions based on what is best for all the people rather that what a religion would have us belive. Whos religion do we pick?
Keep your religion in your heart and in your church where it belongs.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2002, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Thumbs up Protect the Pledge of Allegiance

Protect the Pledge of Allegiance...
Take it out of Liberal Judges forever...
Let them here your voice......

A Worthy Petition....

Sempers,

Roger

http://www.millionsofamericans.com/c...ject/index.cfm
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 07:19 AM

Angry What kind of nonsence is this ?

What a bunch of hypocrits !
Here we have some folks saying it's okay to use God's name in vain whenever they feel like it, but it's NOT okay for us to use God's name in our Pledge of Alligence ?!?!?

I, for one, would much rather risk offending someone by reciting our Pledge of Alligence, than by showing my ignorance and absolute stupidity by cursing and using God's name in that manner.

I believe that each person has the right to worship, or not, however they see fit. However, I also believe that this same right gives me and millions of others the priviledge to recite the Pledge of Alligence, as it is written !

This nation was founded as a nation were one is free to pratice virtually any religion, including atheism. There is no constitutional right to be free FROM religion.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Course of Action

Email Sen. Ptrick Leahy at senate.gov/~leahy, and tell him to get off his dead ass and onto his dying feet, and clear the nominations for some decent judges as have been appointed by GWB. He is part of teh problem, not part of the solution.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-27-2002, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Some reasonably well known Jurists hail this decision as brave and bold while others call it foolishness and absurd. I?ll stick with ill advised but something that?s needs to be pounded out now that it?s on the plate. I couldn?t help but notice that politicos on both side of the isle came out against the 9th circuit appellate decision and that tells me that they would be skinned alive by their constituents to do otherwise. Interesting to watch all that and get a feeling of the lay of the political land.

Personally, I believe it is necessary to maintain a delicate mix of secular and non-secular representation in the fabric of our culture. Going too far one way or another is a proven recipe for chaos and calamity. Certainly reliable history and the contemporary instability in the world is profound evidence that a mix and balance is necessary. So, given that bias, I think that this controversy is relevant so that the issue might be put on the table and dealt with once and for all via higher appeals.

I vote for putting an end to the screwing around that does no good other than confuse the kiddos and get the parents screeching at one another. These days I really think that school admin types and teachers spend far too much time wrapped around the PC axel to attend to the primary business at hand, that is, education of the kiddos for crying out loud.

Scamp
Old 06-27-2002, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default God was added

in 1954 during the Cold War fight against the Godless Communists. It was an in-your-face thing to those that would allow no religion other than Communisim. It has remained. God is a universal term. Some people worship money, so God is money to them, some worship cosmic muffins, so God is a cosmic muffin. It's sort of like Kleenex. Even if you buy Puffs, you say, "pass the Kleenex". It has nothing to do with organized religion. I would also like to know how this asshole who filed the suit's child was damaged in any way? There is no right to not be offended in this country no matter what the PC'ers say. If there was, I'd be filing suits daily.

I believe that this guy ought to also turn in all his money that has "In God We Trust" on it. Certainly he doesn't want to spread religious propaganda around and offend other athiests.

TURN YOUR MONEY IN, BOZO!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 06-27-2002, 12:29 PM

Default I humbly volunteer

to be the recepticle for all the evil money that they refuse to use. I shall push my predjudices aside and suffer the offending cash.
Please send it all to acct. no. 12345, Bank of the Caymans, Cayman Islands.

Your humble servant, Dryrich, er I mean Drywall
Old 06-27-2002, 10:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Believing there is not a master planner behind the creation of the worlds can be compared to believing there was an explosion in a Print shop and out came a dictionary.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-28-2002, 12:07 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Out of the mouths of babes

JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY LYRICS

(true story)

The Little Girl
(Harley Allen)

Her parents never took the young girl to church
Never spoke of His name
Never read her His word
Two non-believers walking lost in this world
Took their baby with them
What a sad little girl

Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs
Never wanted to play
Or give kisses and hugs
She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch
While her mom fell asleep
And her daddy went out

And the drinking and the fighting
just got worse every night
Behind their couch she'd be hiding
Oh what a sad little life
And like it always does, the bad just got worse
With every slap and every curse
Until her daddy in a drunk rage one night
Used a gun on her mom and then took his life

And some people from the city took the girl far away
To a new mom and dad
And kisses and hugs everyday
Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in
And a small little girl
Stared at a picture of Him

She said I know that man up there on that cross
I don't know His name
But I know He got off
He was there in my old house
and held me close to His side
As I hid there behind our couch
The night that my parents died

(little pictures have big ears)

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-28-2002, 04:43 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Talking religion

will make normally sain people suddenly become one of those on the other end of the scale.
I useually get into the religous argument with my brother-in-law and he tries to justify what ever point he is making with "the bible says" So I wrote on a piece of paper "the bible is just a book" Now whos writting is better. Both were written by a human.
Religious people have it made in dealing with lifes problems. If something goes wrong in there life, Its God will. If something happens that is good then its gods will. Thats just a way not to take responcability for your failurs.
I know that most of you here and most people in the US belive in God and to argue against something that most people belive in is a waste of time for both sides.
I've never sceen any proff that there is a God, I have sceen plenty of proff there isn't, eather that or God is very mean.
The world is in such a mess that only a God could ever stop what is happening, and yet, it continues.
I belive that the people that belive in God are relly good people and have no where to turn but to a God,
Keep religion in your heart where it belongs.
Ron