The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile Ncaa,...

...Not that I follow the college basketball on a serious note, but the little college here by my house with all of their 3000 students made it to the NCAA bracket again this year, and for the 2nd year in a row, they UPSET the big guys,...

...last year in the first round Siena College,(my house used to be a frat house for them) upset Vanderbuilt, and again last night, they had a double overtime win in the first round with 3.9 seconds left against OHIO STATE, a college with 52,000 + students to draw from,...

...bad news is, they face Louisville tomorrow, and they are seeded # 1 !,...

...GO SIENA SAINTS,... (GOD is on their side),...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 03:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I always like to watch Siena...another underdog to watch for is Cleveland State...

My fav team, the Memphis Tigers, put a Woopin' on Maryland yesterday !!!!

Larry
Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Very glad

to see Memphis beat Maryland. They were a thorn in our side this year. Can't believe Clevland St. beat Wake. That's one those Deac's will have to live with for a long time. Wishing Sienna and Memphis luck...they're gonna need it when UNC gets to the final.

GO TARHEELS!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default National stage,...

...If anything, playing the # 1 rated team will be good advertising for the school up here,...

...Game time is 6 pm EST, and the area here is buzzing with excitement over the success from the upset over OHIO STATE, no doubt the pubs, taverns, wateringholes in general will be filled tonight with frenzied fans looking for the biggest upset of all time in the history of the school,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My school, ETSU was seeded # 16 and gave the #1 Pitt a good game. ETSU came the closest any # 16 came to beating a #1 when they lost to Oklahoma 72-71 in 1986. Hope Siena does well but like Pak, all that matters really is for the Heels to win. That and beating the University of New Jersey at Durham: Duke. Or was that New Nerdey?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What a game!

Sienna almost did it. Those boys can play.

Looks like we've got Gorganzola next.

Fred, was rooting for ETSU. I remember when you and Shirley came to Charleston for their game.

I don't think that UNJ-Durham will make it but it would be great to kick their butts again.

Tarheel Pack

Old 03-28-2009, 05:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default As predicted

UNC stuffs Gorgonzolia and UNJ-Durham got their butts handed to them by Villanova. Sorry Keith about the Washington Cheese Men.

And now to say I'm sorry to Sis in advance. Oklahoma is about to find out what it's like to play in the ACC.

Tarheel Pack

Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Basketball,

I played Basketball in college. Developing a quality Basketball program is much easier than developing a Big Time football program. Equipment is much cheaper, and many less scholarships required. So some small schools have done quite well. Gonzaga and Siena have quality programs that can compete with just about anyone. N/C looks pretty solid this year.

Keith
Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Keith

Gonzoga and Sienna are in it every year. I may kid you and Curtis but it's amazing how they play so well year after year. It's not hard to get great kids to come to a basketball school like UNC or UNJ-Durham. My old friend and teaching buddy Skip Prosser, rest his soul, did such a great job at Xaiver, and the X-men continue to play well every year also and it's a small university. I would have liked, and hated , to see what he would have done at Wake if he'd lived. Eagerly awaiting 5:00 EST to see the UNC-Oklahoma game, then, hopfully, on to the final four, again.

Gonzoga and Sienna are to be aplauded for their continued great play every year.

Go Tarheels!

Pack

Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default On to the final 4

Sorry Sis...but the Okies found out what it's like to play in the ACC the hard way. They were never really in it.

One more step to the Championship game.....watch out Villanova. No miracle this year.

Go Tarheels!

Pack