The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2009, 03:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default AARP=anti firearm donations,...

...I heard today that the AARP,(American Assoc of retired persons) has made large cash donations to the anti firearms movement in this country,...

...Without any answers to confirm, or dispel the rumor, I sat back, and listened to the chit-chat, and wondered,...

...how much truth to the issue is there, and if so, why would an organization such as AARP even care one way or the other,...

... How many senior citizens have protected themselves, or is this urban garbage,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Doing a search for AARP guns come up with all anti-gun no pro-gun articles.

I couldn't resist copying the "Campfire Tales" here anyway.
Quote:
2nd Amendment
Quote:

I didn't know that the AARP was so anti 2nd amendment when I joined. I offered to help with firearms safety and awareness to the membership but was snubbed. They work closely with the Brady Bunch and others to erode your rights to ownership and self defense. I have notified that I will not be renewing my AARP and have joined THE NRA!!!

http://www.aarp.org/community/carrac...ndment/1272802

Don't mess with the old guy!(CAMPFIRE TALES)
Publication: Guns Magazine
Publication Date: 01-NOV-08
Author: Taffin, John

COPYRIGHT 2008 Publishers' Development Corporation
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

Natural predators try to make grocery shopping as easy as possible by preying on the young, the sick, the injured and the old--especially the old. Society's predators are no different in that they are always looking for the easiest and most vulnerable target.

However, when it comes to old guys predators often find too late they have made a fatal mistake. Old guys are not to be messed with. Unfortunately the AARP, which purports to be the champion of senior citizens, is thoroughly anti-gun and in doing so they are setting up senior citizens to be easy prey. Fortunately, many old guys don't buy into this. If the AARP was really interested in the welfare of those in their "golden" years they would be sponsoring firearms training courses all over the country.

[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

One of the all time great sit-coms was the Andy Griffith Show. What made it great was a long list of lovable characters living in Mayberry. One of those characters, who only showed up from time to time, was the old bank guard. Dressed in a suit, he sat in the corner of the local bank taking a nap. His cartridges were all green and on the rare occasion when it was necessary for him to draw his Colt Single Action it fell apart from lack of use. That, of course, was pure fantasy; the following is reality.

Grandpop

In the 1930s, a time when bank robberies were common, two petty criminals were traveling through Wyoming and found themselves short of funds. The only way they could withdraw funds from the local bank was at the point of a gun. They cased the little bank and came out to plan their robbery. This particular bank had a guard. He was an old guy in his 80s--long past the normal age of retirement. He sat in the corner dressed in an old suit and tie wearing an old Stetson. He appeared to be sleepy and helpless, at least to the would-be robbers who made the fatal mistake of thinking this bank and the old guy would be an easy touch.

As they entered the bank they were relieved to see it was devoid of customers and the old guy was in his regular spot and looked to be catching a quick nap. He wasn't. Like the professional he was he knew everything going on at all times and long ago had learned to appear the opposite of what he really was. The last thing those two bank robbers saw was a precisely placed bullet headed their way. What they didn't know was the old guy had spent a lifetime in law enforcement including the Texas Rangers and was armed with two 1911s in a double shoulder holster rig. Too late they realized the suit looked larger than necessary and somewhat rumpled simply to conceal the old guy's weapons. When they messed with the old guy they made their last mistake.

Helpless

Fast forward three quarters of a century. Police were called in to investigate an attempted armed robbery in a sandwich shop in Florida. It looked like an easy touch when the two perpetrators entered the shop which had only one customer, an old guy quietly finishing his meal. They robbed the cashier and then decided to get a little extra for themselves from the old guy so they attempted to shove him into a bathroom and rob him as well. He allowed them to take his money and then he pulled his handgun and opened fire. When the police arrived they found one robber still in the shop and the other in the bushes of a nearby business. Their ill-gotten gains were spread all over the front of the sandwich shop. One man had been shot in the head and the other in the head and chest.

The two young thugs were 21 and 22 years of age; the old guy they tried to rob was 71. He may have appeared helpless to them, however, appearances can be deceiving and this one proved fatal. The old guy was a retired Marine pilot. His name is John Lovell and he flew former presidents Kennedy and Johnson and also worked as an airline pilot. The investigating detective said, "These criminals ought to realize that most men in their 70s have military backgrounds and aren't intimidated by idiots." Lovell was legally armed and as one person

@@@ reported the only thing he could be charged with is participating in an unfair fight. Two thugs are no match for a 71-year-old Marine. Don't mess with the old guy.

[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

Two of my old friends who have now gone Home were also old guys; one born in 1911 and the other in 1914. Both found themselves in similar situations when they were in their 80s. In each case they were attending a trade show and decided to take an evening stroll from their hotel. Both were mugged, or I should say they were part of an attempted mugging both of which found the muggers becoming the muggees.

Bill And Rex

Bill Jordan joined the border patrol at the age of 23 serving at a time when smuggling across the border was commonplace and gun fights took place quite often. With the outbreak of World War II Jordan joined the Marines rising to the rank of captain. He returned to the Border Patrol and then was called back to active duty in Korea. It was then back to the Border Patrol where he became Assistant Chief Patrol Inspector. In 1965 he retired and went to work for the NRA as a field representative. When I served as Chairman of OAHAF, Bill was my vice-president and although I wrote the speeches, he normally made the presentations to each Outstanding American Handgunner.

Rex Applegate came from a long line of pioneers who came across the country m the 1850s. The original homestead still stands in Oregon, and when I visited him in the 1990s, he not only treated me to a tour of his private museum he also took myself and friend and fellow writer Pat Cascio to the original family home. Applegate was one of the original members of the OSS in WWII serving under Wild Bill Donavan. He had a distinguished career holding the rank of Colonel in the United States military and general in the Mexican army. His expertise was in firearms, self defense with all types of weapons, and riot control. He provided me with a great deal of point shooting information, both printed and on video and, as with Bill Jordan, I spent many hours in phone conversations with him also.

Neither of these old guys were to be messed with, unfortunately for the muggers they only saw the two old guys as easy prey. The pair attacking Jordan found themselves out cold on the sidewalk after being pistol whipped. When the police arrived they tried to arrest Jordan who immediately showed them his retired Border Patrol badge which gave him the right to carry his firearm. In Colonel Applegate's case the thugs saw an old man who had to walk with the aid of a cane. What they didn't know is a cane in the hands of Applegate was not only a walking stick but also a very capable self-defense weapon. He caned both of them into a state of unconsciousness. Don't mess with the old guy.

Sometimes the old guy turns out to be an old gal. This was the case last year in Australia when two knife-wielding thugs carjacked and raped the 18-year-old granddaughter of an 81-year-old grandmother. Ava Estelle of Melbourne, Australia, spent a week hunting down the two of them. She said when she saw the look on the face of her granddaughter she knew she would have to take care of things personally as she figured the law would go easy on them.

This old gal was a retired librarian and a lifelong shooter who said she wasn't dumb enough to turn in her gun when it became mandatory to do so under Australia's restrictive laws. After she found the two men she first took pictures of them and then went back to her granddaughter to make sure they were the right two. They were. Ava shot both of them in an area of the body which makes it impossible to repeat their crime. Officials in Australia now are faced with a problem which is how to deal with an 81-year-old vigilante grandmother. Under the law what she did was illegal and was done with an illegal firearm. She also has become a national and international hero proving once again don't mess with the old guy even when if it's an old gal.

Old guys have seen about everything they want to see and have heard about everything they want to hear. Old guys have gone about every place they want to go and done about everything they want to do. They have nothing to lose. Don't mess with the old guy!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:23 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Curtis,
AARP is about as far left as ACORN. Do NOT give them any of your hard earned $$$ if you, and I know you do, cherish your freedoms!

Peace,Griz
Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

DITTO Griz,...plus a little additional pertinent info.

For retirees NRA Supplemental Medicare Insurance available members IS MUCH CHEAPER than
same sold by AARP.

Hey,...SOMEBODY has to pick up the tab for those TV Advertising even more than GIECO.
Also, how could AARP ALSO politically contribute so-damn-much to Dems, if didn't charge
MUCH MORE than most other Medicare Supplemental Insurers anyway?

Neil
Old 04-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up and for a time, membership is free for 1 year

In case you were not aware...

The NRA is giving FREE 1-yr memberships to everyone who wants to join.

They are trying to build up their membership to fight pending
legislation that impacts our right to keep and bear arms.

It is very important that anti-gun congressmen see how many people they will have to fight to get their legislation through.

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

This can include spouses and children also.

Harry Riley

Visit Constitutional Emergency at: http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com

--
To control which emails you receive on Constitutional Emergency, go to:
http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/p.../emailSettings

Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Joy,...

Additionally and besides all good that NRA Memberships do for defeating Constitutional Denying American Politicians aside,...any Disabled American Veterans can automatically get A Lifetime Membership (plus magazine & all bennies) AT HALF THE PRICE.

I figured that my Lifetime Membership cost me only about what paying 10 years of a Yearly Subcription would have cost me, anyway. As is now for me, I get a free Rifleman Magazine (my choice instead of Hunter mag.) every month. Can switch if preferred.

Neil