The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2017, 11:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry They're Not Doing You A Favor

8-16-2017

Yesterday, I went around and around with a bunch of pompous bureaucratic asses, who genuinely believe that a badge or a title gave them the right to act like a gaggle of arrogant fools! They ranted and they raved, they bellowed and the screamed, but through all of this and more, not once did I fall to my knees and kiss their feet – “HOW DARE I?!”

The whole damned furor arose over my battle to maintain the dignity and rights of my 95 year old mother who the system demanded absolute control over! As a matter of fact, even the often hollow office of “The President Himself” was indigent (or just plain apathetic) when it came to my attempting to defend the human right to exist with some dignity of my own mother!

“For the record, and in my opinion, we are fast approaching an Orwellian Society- one in which the only rights that you have, are those which the system (Big Brother) allows you to have!”

“Again, shame on me for not going silently into the darkness! But the bigger shame resides within all of you who allow such travesties to go unchallenged and uncontested!”

Hardcore
Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM

Arrow Help for the elderly is extremely limited

HC - My best wishes for your Mother and the circumstances of her issues. You would doing her a disservice otherwise. The elderly today are not as well attended to as they could do. As I see it when we grow old and no longer work - we become a burden to our society and no longer able to contributing to taxes the government is depending on. They forget not all of us have savings to fall back onto. Why is that they ask? Those that ask that are either filthy rich or have other means to call upon.

Most of the middle class today are taking care of their kids who find it difficult to move out and job suitable enough to cover their rent, car payments, buy cloths for their kids and the food to put on the table. So they depend on their parents help to subsidize their lack of funds not realizing their only left with very little when their need arises.
I know this I've taken care of my wife, both kids, and often times their kids because they can't make it otherwise.

The working class people have to save early on - (many can't) - so they either move back home with their kids - or you bail them out as needed to keep them independent.

I see this everyday for years. The social economy is such that you have to first have a job and that job has to pay you enough money to cover your rent and utilities as well as the food you need and the cloth's for your kids. Good job's today are a premium and if your folks didn't have the money for college well your stuck trying to work your way up.

I worked two full time jobs for 5 or 6 years - needed that to supplement my family needs and all the bills associated with rent, car payments, food and utilities. It isn't easy but I managed but it took a toll on my health and then I was working one job and things got tight again. This is life in the USA - I would assume it's like that in every country. Otherwise both you and wife work and the kids are left on their own and who knows the mischief they can get into when not supervised!

My Mom was destitute when the old man died prematurely his pension did not have widows benefits to she took a hit. My youngest Sister took care of her the remaining day's of her life and she too died of septic poisoning. Sound like a tough story but we are not alone many families are like that.

Today I saw a Vet asking for money on the street - whenever I see one I give them some money to do otherwise would give me nightmares.

Let's face it the USA is no different than many countries - while you have a job you can almost hold your own - but with no job and no income the bottom comes up real quick.

HC - your Mom is like so many Mom's that are really finding it difficult in their later years. If not Mom than Dad is feeling the pinch and for a male watching his family go hungry it will destroy him and he could turn to crime to get money to feed and shelter his family.

Society today is loaded with many unfortunate elderly and unwed Mother's. These issues must be addressed and sooner than later - we will be there as well. Not a pretty picture to say the least.

Tell your Mother - she has a Son that Love's her and will do whatever he can to make her feel loved and secure and do your best - because that's all we can do - our government will not help - social services are on overload - Uncle Sam won't provided services for the elderly. The only country I know that does that is Japan. Maybe one or two others and that's sad.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote