The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default DAV TO Dick Cheney-----FUGGET-ABOU-IT

Disabled American Veterans "UNINVITES" DICK CHENEY TO LAS VEGAS CONVENTION --

The Invitation was yanked because the group felt the Veep's security demands were Draconian and unreasonable.

Injured vets tell Vice-President----thanks----but NO THANKS----pull Dick Cheneys' invitation over security demands

By James Gordon Meek
Daily News Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON
- Vice President Cheney's invitation to address wounded combat veterans next month has been yanked because the group felt his security demands were Draconian and unreasonable.

The veep had planned to speak to the Disabled American Veterans at 8:30 a.m. at its August convention in Las Vegas.

His staff insisted the sick vets be sequestered for two hours before (or by 6:30 am) Cheney's arrival and couldn't leave until he'd finished talking, officials confirmed.

"Word got back to us ... that this would be a prerequisite," said the veterans executive director, David Gorman, who noted the meeting hall doesn't have any rest rooms. "We told them it just wasn't acceptable."

When Cheney spoke to the group in 2004, his handlers imposed the same stringent security lockdown, upsetting most members, officials said.

Many of the vets are elderly and left pieces of themselves on foreign battlefields since World War II, and others were crippled by recent service in Iraq and Afghanistan. For health reasons, many can't be stuck in a room for hours.

"It was a huge imposition on our delegates," added David Autry, another Disabled American Veterans official.

Autry said vets would've had to get up "at Oh-dark-30 and try to get breakfast and showered and get their prosthetics on."

Once inside, they "could not leave the meeting room, and the bathrooms are outside," he said.

Cheney's office acknowledged the security requests, but insisted he is sensitive to combat veterans' needs.

"The vice president would never let us do anything that didn't help facilitate the needs of our veterans," Mitchell added. (Yeah, RIGHT!----Gimp)

Cheney has visited hospitalized wounded warriors and invited Walter Reed Army Medical Center patients for fly-fishing lessons around his swimming pool.

But the vice president's rules for speaking to groups seem more stringent than those of his boss.

President Bush routinely speaks at events such as large dinners where thousands of guests freely pass back and forth through Secret Service screening portals.

Gorman first invited Bush, who has never addressed the group, but the White House declined last month.

GOP presidential hopeful John McCain plans to speak in Las Vegas, and organizers expect Democrat Barack Obama will, too.

###END###

So there you have it folks, now........ what have I been saying these past 8 years or so about just how much Dick Cheney, George Bush and the majority of Republicans "care" about our troops????

ESPECIALLY the "sick & disabled" ones?

These asshats could give a sh-t LESS about ANY of us!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Last edited by Gimpy; 07-31-2008 at 12:16 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM

But Gimp, they are IMPORTANT PEOPLE & do not have to operate by the same rules as we do. These asshats (the political class in general) are our new aristocracy. We are just say yessir or nosir & then get the hell out of their way ( oh yeah, pay up & shut up too). Pith on 'em & a pox on their houses. George W, Tom J, Sam A , John Q A must be spinning in their graves. Question: Why do we take it?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
But Gimp, they are IMPORTANT PEOPLE & do not have to operate by the same rules as we do. These asshats (the political class in general) are our new aristocracy. We are just say yessir or nosir & then get the hell out of their way ( oh yeah, pay up & shut up too). Pith on 'em & a pox on their houses. George W, Tom J, Sam A , John Q A must be spinning in their graves. Question: Why do we take it?

I DON'T------Take it that is!

I'm a hell raising, butt-kickin, rebel-yelling, ill-tempered, non-conforming, pissed-off, letter-writing, petition starting asshole who continually rattles the cages and kicks-in the doors of every single politician who is SUPPOSED to be "representing" me in Congress, the State legislature and local government(s).

My Congressman (Republican Gus Billirakus) holds "town meetings" a few times a year at various locations in our district. I make it a point to get there EARLY----up FRONT----where he can damn well SEE and HEAR me!

One of his aides recently told me, "you're one of his worst NIGHTMARES"!

Ask me if I give a $hit!

That sumbitch is SUPPOSED to be "representing" ME and MY interests, and I damn well tell him when he dosen't!

He's history come next election anyway.........and he KNOWS it. Folks around here are getting sick and damn tired of his CRAP.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.