The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Home?

(originally posted in home page Family section)

Like everyone else, I have a long history of places that I have lived. My dad was in the Air Force for 20 years and retired as a Lt. Col. He now works at Lockheed Martin. In 22 years, I have gone from Vietnam, to Whitman AFB, Missour, to Shaw AFB, SC to Mildenhall, England, to Langley AFB, VA to Arlington, Texas to Waco, Texas (Baylor University) and now to Greenville, SC. Next is to Fort Benning, Georgia, probably where my finance will be located. He is presently in Korea for another 9 months.

My parents still go to the commissary and BX to get things and my sister and brother are still apart of the Air Force family. My sister is married to an Air Force man in Germany with her daughter and my brother is in the Air Force Band in Hanscom AFB, Mass. My 9 year old niece has been a Air Force Brat all of her life too and goes to a Dod in Spangdalhem, Germany.

Now on to the reason I am writing. If you live a life like the rest of the military brats out there, where is home? Home is where your family is, home is where your friends are, home is where your heart is. It can be in one place for most people but for us brats, it is in many places. It is where we left our friends, it is where we left our grand- parents, aunts, uncles, counsins. I have been in this new state for 3 months now, and it is home because that is where my parents are. It will be home as long as they are here. In this life style, you have to have an open mind and heart but be strong in your fountatin morally and ethically. It will hold you up in the hard times.

It is not easy when your dad or mom leaves; it is not easy when your spouse or lover leaves; it is not easy when your siblings leaves. All of these men and women are serving their country and that is certainly something to be proud of.

Look in your heart, and you will find where you call home.

Note: by Cheryl
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links