The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Appreciation

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Anyone ever wonder why a mere Area or Occupation ribbon worn by any 2 year (likely draftee) PX or Stockade Workers or Prisoners deserve more respect and acknowledgement than Volunteer (my units were 100% volunteers) Cold War & Good Conduct Decoration recipients do? I certainly did/do.

I also believe that it was totally absurd not even receiving an overseas ribbon, after serving 28 months on the Czech/West German border,...much time spent in OPEN and on lock & load with full ammo compliment or combat loads on our vehicles (jeeps, tanks, APCs).

Way-back-when Recon Jeeps had no canvas whatsoever, since all had mounted thirties.

Neil
Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default shiat

Recon

On behalf of the entire American Legion, please accept a heartfelt apology for the extreme discourtesy and rudeness of that arsehole.

Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconeil View Post
I particularly likes Tamaroa's: "The historians reply was that Coasties were just doing their jobs".

Such sez-a-lot and basically acknowledges all Servicemen having accomplished their missions well, or at least valiantly tried their best doing same.

Regardless, NON-Combat awarded Area, Vicinity or Location or: "Correct Time of Service" ribbons NEVER PROVE ANYTHING or that SOME Dates of Service to Country were BETTER and more worthwhile and acceptable than others.

Unfortunately for myself and millions of other so insulted Cold War Veterans, such is exactly how American Legion, VFW and State of New Jersey all quite stupidly do.

Blue, Tam,...

After once telling some big WWII Legion yokel of my Dates of Service and his checking: "Correct" Dates on back of his membership card, he with great authority said to me: "YOU'RE NO VETERAN".

I instantly replied: "You're an a--hole".

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Blue,
Thanks for the apology, even though already received a few such from some members of Colonia, NJ American Legion Post.

Wife and I used to attend many of their functions as guests, when my good friend and Legion member Paul "Cat" Beutel (sp?). RIP: "Cat".

Regardless, I hold no animosity towards either Legion or VFW for their hierarchies foolishly acting so superior. Most all dues collecting fraternities, social clubs or organizations normally consider selves better or more superior than most all other groups. Such is normal.

Whereas with my State of New Jersey's longtime insulting We Cold War Veterans by denying us the small Veterans Property Tax Exemption (longtime $50 a year & now $250 yearly),...Is Downright Criminal (quite preferentially biased also).

All or any type tax exemptions come from PUBLIC FUNDS! Not from mere Club Membership Dues.

Also any people whom continuously profess Honoring ALL Veterans WHILE NOT,...are just lying.
It's as simple as that. All the C-caps, patriotic singing & flag waving won't change that fact.

Neil