The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2004, 02:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Please don't go comparing bullet holes. I saw Sid and Andy do that in Savanna last year. It involves them both dropping trow and it ain't pretty. Nope ain't pretty at all.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2004, 07:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Some Truly Fearsome Bastards

Quote:
Originally posted by PHO127 I shouldn't say what I am thinking, BUT, Spend 10 days 50 Ks across a border with one other american and 4 Khmer Rouge mercenaries and then figure out who is a slacker. It is a matter of record that SOG personnel sustained 100% casualties, and read the MOH, DSC and SS orders for them sometime. Would be pleased to compare bullet holes some day.

CCS, RT LIGHTING 10
FOB Quan Loi and
Ban Me Thuot
The people I met that I now know were SOG (I never heard that term, nor Studies and Observations, untill long after the war) were the most fearsome bastards, the best fighting soldiers I ever saw or met, they were our role models. The fact that we circulated among these people freely, ate with them, drank with them, that they made us welcome is , Iconsider, a great honor--you don't need medals for this. Well, we were doing the same thing,incudin Yard Scouts, just not so far up the pipeline. Some of my company went into Cambodia too.(not me, but I did get on the same map page as the border) Some of my best memories are sitting around drinking and talking to these guys--Boy did I feel like I was a real man among real men!! At 19 years old! We were just kids compared to these guys, 19 and 20 years olds, these were all longtime pro's--some of them had been in WWII AND Korea!.We'd profile around for the legs but not with these guys.
Yr a good example of this Sid

James