The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Plans? What Plans!

We don need no stinkin plans. Picture is of downhill side, Doors and ramps on uphill side. Was thinking of installing a waterslide on this side. THATS IT!!!! a PSYCO SLIDE or PSLYDE?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2003, 12:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Are you planning on closing in the bottom? Cement or log? Seems such a waste to lose all that storage, just think of the beer you could hold in there!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:54 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Leave it open

for equipment storage, also generator is down there. Will pour concrete floor in it next year.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default NEWS FLASH...

...DATELINE, FRIDAY FEB. 20TH 2003...

...CBS studio's were evacuated tonight after 14,(count them) PSYCOVETS all belched, and farted in unison while lifting their "PSYCOVETS" t-shirts spelling out "DAVID LETTERMAN"...

...8 people were treated, and release from local hospitals suffering from mild neasua...

...other news, to follow on the 11:00 o'clock report............

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-20-2003, 08:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Welcome back!

A few thoughts on PTSD. First of all, I am 100% disabled with PTSD through the VA. Technically I am 70% PTSD and 100% for unemployability. You are lucky to live in Tennessee because the State of Tennessee provides representatives/ advisors. The one here at Mountain Home is Harry Weese and he is superb. I am sure there is one at Alvin York. Get an appointment and take your DD 214. He can greatly facilitate you along this path.

Having said that, it is important to realize that PTSD untreated always gets worse. The VA recognizes this. That is why the best route to compensation is through treatment. It goes much quicker if you have a record of treatment in your file. You need to go to the local Vet Center and get into group. They probably have a PTSD program of some sort at Alvin York. You need to check into it and get enrolled. Are you on antidepressants? They will furnish them. Being treated with antidepressants will be proof you have PTSD. Having a CMB is an automatic stressor so proving a stressor is not that important. You will still have to write a stessor letter. It should be simply written, no more than a page. In it name dates and incidents. You might want to get a book written about the 9th Inf Div while you were in it. It could have dates you need. If you can't find dates, just give it your best guess. Don't tell them it is a guess.

There is a thing called a GAF score. I think it means general ability to function. Everyone that treats you will have this in their records they dictate about you. My last one was 35% I think to get true 100% for PTSD you need one below 30%. That is rarely given since it generally means you are mentally incompetent and would need a guardian appointed. The vast majority get at most a 70% rating for PTSD and then have to apply for unemployability. If you aren't working, apply for Social Security disability as soon as possible. Both the VA and Social Security give back pay to the time of first application once they are approved.

Last but not least, GET TREATMENT. If you want to talk to me over the phone just say so and I will send you my phone no. by e-mail. Welcome home. Fred
Old 02-20-2003, 08:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Fred...just wanted to say welcome back, glad to see ya!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It's really good to be back. I hope to post some thought on the Salem PTSD Program soon. It is a wonderful place. Hey Sid, just put a piss tube down there. It will give the Psycovets hours of entertainment trying to hit it from the back porch. Oh yeah, get a lava lamp. Don't want anyone getting bored.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default to Curtis and Smitty...

Curtis : You did good !

Smitty : Great to be back ! Take care.

Larry
Old 02-21-2003, 08:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default DAAAAAAVVVVVVIIIIIIIIID...

...LETTERMEN is on in 1/2 hour...

...time to tune in, and see if we make national TV...

...Now a word from our sponser...................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-22-2003, 07:11 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Don't know

Hard to tell if it was psyco vets cup or not. Was black with yellow lettering on side. Think I'll send one to Jay. He is a HOG.