The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Doc.2/47

Angry Diana attacked and injuried by pitbull

Some may recall that early this summer I was forced to shoot and kill a pitbull dog that had attacked our dog who had been sleeping on our front porch.There was,and is,little doubt in my mind that any delay on my part would have resulted in the death of our dog and he was badly cut up in any event.He is a chow and a fairly large dog.It is disturbing to speculate about how a small child would fair in the event of such an attack.

Late yesterday afternoon my daughter Diana was attacked by another pitbull.She is 16y/o and weighs 120lb. but the dog had her on the ground in the first moment of the attack.Despite the fact that bystanders pulled the dog off of her almost immediately she was badly injuried with deep puncture and slashing wounds of both arms and thighs.Thankfully her wounds are not life or limb threatning(assumeing there is no serious infection).Probably the worst wound was a gapeing slash to the fleshy portion of her right forearm that was deep enough that fat was protrudeing from the wound.I am profoundly greatfull that the dog did not get hold of her throat.She will carry some of these scars for life.

I am deeply worried for the children of our town.

Rancid we miss you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2004, 04:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Our prayers for your daughters quick and speedy recovery and hopes she is feeling better soon ,God Bless her
Old 10-31-2004, 04:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Jaysus, Hal! Thank God she's going to be okay. I assume the dog is in custody and will probably be put down? Is the owner going to have any kind of liability? Your daughter's medical bills, etc.? I'm sure her wounds will heal just fine, but I hope she's okay emotionally. A dog attack can be a pretty traumatic experience.

We've had a couple of fatal dog attacks here locally in the last few years. A 10yr. old boy was attacked and killed by a couple of pit bulls in Richmond [where James lives].
You may have heard about this one. A woman was killed in the hallway of the upscale apartment house that she lived in in San Francisco. She was attacked by two huge Mastiff-type dogs [well over 100# ea.]. The woman that was supposed to have control of the dogs did prison time. The dogs were destroyed.

A speedy recovery to your daughter, Hal.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sue his ass off. Pit bulls have to be made mean. Their natural animosity is to other dogs. Chows are different. They can attack anyone unprovoked.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal :

My prayers for your family and especially your daughter after her earlier seizure and now this. Your area is pretty laid back. I would go about 50 miles out of town and find the meanest ex-judge, now practicing lawyer you can find and sue, sue, sue. I would then get on the mayor's and sheriff's ass and get rid of dogs like that. A good friend of ours child was mauled by a pit bull some years back. They just kind of let it go, and didn't sue...just settled out of court.....and the same person moved and did it again !!!

May God Bless,

Larry
Old 10-31-2004, 06:24 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Hal,
I hate to hear about this happening. You and your daughter will be in my prayers for healing. I hope this is resolved before anybody else is attacked.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

you and your daughter are in my payers..
and i have to say i agree with larry and frisco.. Sue thier asses..
did you know in some states its against the law to own a pit bull..
found that out on animal planet
Get them out lawed ... They are some mean ass dogs.. I know its cause they were made that way still not the point.. the point is they are mean... Ppl need to take a stand when they can..
hope all is well with your daughter..
love ya
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Prayers for your daughter and you , Hal. Diana has had a tough summer / fall this year.Please tell her to keep movin. If it ain't killed ya it's made ya stronger !
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal
Another set of prayers are enroute to Diana.....As Doc Fred says, Sue the owner....thats the only way they learn.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-01-2004, 05:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

One of my nieces was walking down the street when a guy with a pit bull on a leash approached in the opposite direction. The dog lunged at her but missed. The guy just laughed, trying to make light of a potentially deadly situation. My niece gathered up her courage and said to the guy, "Big dog. Sorry about your tiny penis!"