The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM

Default E-5 over Four rule.

In 2003 the First Special Forces Regiment celebrated its 50th anniversary. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since 1953 and as military men know things constantly change. What was true in 1965 was different in 1975. Prior to my enlisting in 1963, the "E-5 over 4" was in effect. Today there is the 18X Special Forces Enlistment Option. GOOGLE 18X. I was recruited in BCT.

I am trying to clear up some apparent misunderstandings.

Again - Let's play nice!
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 04:49 PM

You are absolutly right about there being the 18X Program in-effect now. Basically what happens is that a kid gets recruited right off the street, as long as they meet some more strigent requirements than normal recruits, and attend OSUT (11B Basic / AIT) at Ft. Benning. Then it is on to Basic Airborne School and then up to Ft Bragg for the Special Forces Pre-Selection Course (SFPC) which last three weeks and then a week after that off to Special Forces Assessment and Selection (SFAS). Now not only are THOSE 18Xs there are also what is called "cross-overs" which are Basic Army Recruits that are recruited in Basic Training by the Special Operations Recruiting Battalion (SORB). SFPC also deals with Special Forces National Guard privates and lower enlisted that are attending SFAS as well. This is the same way the program has been run in the past (kinda one of those why re-invent the wheel type deals). SF goes through this about every ten years or so. The last time it took place was the late 80s / early 90s at which time they only had authority to recruit prior service NCOs into the force.

Hope this clears up anyone's questions. But if anyone has any further ones please fell free to PM me and I can give you my work number and I can explain in further detail. And if you are around the Ft Bragg area feel free to stop by the SFPC Barracks and check out how we train up TRUE "wannabee" SF soldiers.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-03-2009, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Only question I got

is-----------Who T-F are you guys trying to convince, huh?

Why don't you take your no-good, sorry asses back out on that little playground where y'all are apparently attempting to covince everyone in "cyber-land" what fantastic, dedicated, brave, and honorable former SF, Rangers, "Super Soldiers", etc. y'all are and leave us REAL Vets alone, huh?

Surely you must getting tired of lying to folks around here with these BS stories you're puttin out, huh?

Go find some little "boys" to peddle your happy horse-$hit to, us "men" have better things to do than read "fairy tails" all day!

You folks are sickening at best----downright imbeceles and no good imposters at worst!

Regards,

"Mister" Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I would appreciate keeping this back channel until we have a resolution.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread