Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2022, 09:43 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy More Of Pull Together Or Pull Apart

8-30-2022

(Personal Opinions)

“Let the other guy do it” – seems to be the order of the day but unfortunately, many a career and road to the big bucks and stardom, has been traversed upon the backs of others! And for the record, this is not merely a case of sour-grapes but rather, “it is just a matter of fact!”

Unfortunately however, there are many people out there, who “care not”, how they make it to the top, just as long as they get there – and that in itself, is a crying shame in my opinion, for it is still “my belief” that, in the end, we all must account for our life’s deeds – good, bad and indifferent as well?

However, the current state of human affairs and reckoning, is one where “Everyone Is A Saint” and we have all done little (or no) wrong or harm in our lives? But as The Good Book Says: “Let He Who Is Without Sin, Cast the First Stone” - and from what I have witnessed thus far within my meager eighty-one brief years of life - and even though there are no shortages of good and hefty stones hanging around, there are still no limitations on sin and travesty as well – And So – “It Surely Is!!”

Hardcore
Old 08-31-2022, 04:28 AM

Post The subject of the day

HC - Kurt Vonnegut once wrote:
-
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school
class is running the our country.
-
Now that is scary - think about it!
----------------------------------------------
Abraham Lincoln's quotes on Democracy:
-
“Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed.”
-
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
-
“I happen temporarily to occupy this big White House. I am living witness that any one of your children may look to come here as my father’s child has.”
-
“A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved—I do not expect the house to fall—but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other.”
-
“I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.”
-
“I desire to so conduct the affairs of the administration that if, at the end, when I come to lay down the reins of power, I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall have at least one friend left—and that friend shall be down inside of me.”
-
“Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.”
-
“The legitimate object of government is to do for the people what needs to be done, but which they cannot, by individual effort, for at all, or do so well, for themselves.”
-
“Elections belong to the people. It’s their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.”
-
“The ballot is stronger than the bullet.”
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John F. Kennedy once said; "The ignorance of one voter in a democracy
impairs the security of all"
----------------------------

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote