The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2002, 10:15 AM

Default My nickname

was always "Murph" unless there was another Murphy in the unit at which time I was known as "Big Murph" and the other guy was always "Little Murph". My son went through the same thing at West Point, there was another Murphy in I Co. 2d Brigade in the class of 1988 so he was "Big Murph" and the other was "Little Murph". Guess they didn't have much imagination. I had a guy in my unit when I was Enlisted who's name was Hubert L. Smoczynski, and he was called "Alphabet". LOL
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2002, 10:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ...Nick name...

...Dem southern boys from jaw-ja, name d'ed me

. "Jaawwwaaaallls as in mouth, jawls... ...
...as it was the suthern' pro-none-she-a-shun of Giles

...they knew the bark,...
... but didn't want to meet the bite...

...(John, Sid)...he lived in Atlanta, and his name is John Lovett, so if you hear someone say "sssssshhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt, I need a case of quarts for the ride to...., it's john...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Nick name

In OCS they called me candidate Smiley. Never could keep a straight face when one of the TAC officers was in mine. Later on I was always addressed by my first name (I had two) they were Lt and Cpt.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:45 PM

Default Nickname

When I joined the Navy in 1965 My last name was Waters, so after Graduation I was ordered to the USS Pine Island (seaplane Tender) off the coast off Nam.

Once onboard I was assigned to the MAA, and the Chief started calling me "Drip" cause of Waters. Didnt bother me.

But after leaving the ship and going to shore duty in Nam, I decided to to have my step dad adopt me cause he always wanted to, so that dropped my nickname.

Everyone nowasays just calls me Reeb, cause it is very seldom that I dont have a beer in my hand.

Beer backwards is Reeb

enough...............
Old 08-19-2002, 12:58 PM

Exclamation

There was a guy in my outfit called "TK" -- short for Tank Killer. He earned that name one day by driving his 3/4 T Weapons Carrier directly across the path of an onrushing Company of M-48 Medium Tanks!
Old 08-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Nickname

Athough my name is Ron, Everyone I knew from the Army called me Mike. I was the LTs RTO He was 39 and I was 39Mike.
Ron, I think.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

?Possum? was the name I got stuck with. At just 17 when starting Navy boot camp I wasn?t the biggest or most developed guy in the Company. Fact is I was no bigger than a minute, and bit or a bunch of a physical late bloomer. Anyway, we all had to go the pool for swim testing. And there I was, standing in ranks with about 500 other buck-naked guys waiting our turn to swim the course. So, along comes the Virginian Gunner?s Mate/DI type and he takes a look at me. Then a second look and I?m thinking, oh shit, here comes the thunder. One would have to have a Virginia accent or know their manner and cadence of speech to really get the full size of this broad side, but I?ll try.
He says, ?Did I not say come to the position of attention. I?m sure I did but then I do not see your hands at your side. Are you playing with yourself while at the position of attention Lad?? I put my hands by my side and this Gunner?s Mate then looks and says; ?Now I do see the problem. Do you not think you should be training with the WAVES? Or just exactly what are you? It?s so very hard for me to tell. I feel truly sorry for you Lad. But I do believe I know some very nice possum Ladies that would love to make your acquaintance. Mercy, I do indeed.?

So regardless of later physical developments in appendage, I was ?Possum? from that time on and had this vision of making every Virginian on the face of the earth pay a steep price for that fateful naming day. But oh well, it all seems funny as hell these days-go figure.

Scamp

:ek: :ek: :ek: