The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2002, 08:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Thumbs up

Correction...I live in Baja Alabama...NWFlorida! Thanks for taking my jest and understanding how important the South rising again is to us! By the way... I'm not a liberal Democrat I'm actually a registered Republican. No Democrats run in this county! Too conservative. Hubby was born and raised in Boston. Tried to move his southern bride to Nashua New Hampshire but I thought the winters were gonna kill me and when I drove into Mass I thought the drivers were gonna kill me. I played by the rules(no eye contact...yell out the window every now and then, stick up the finger every now and then, etc) Came back down south trying to play by the rules I learned there and some good ole boy threatened to shoot me the first week, Learned quickly the difference and to keep the cussing down here!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2002, 09:16 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Right

That's what I was talking about. If I lived where you do I'd be a liberal democrat just so I could debate with all my neighbors. That's the oppressed and lets argue thing in me.

You should have given Nashua a chance, nice little town. There is a great Hilton there with an excellent bar. The Boston husbands meet the Lexington wives there. About a mile away is a nasty biker bar called the Brown Derby. I very much enjoy both of them, usually on the same night. It's interesting to watch the various nocturnal mating rituals.

There's something wrong with the way we drive? Never heard that before.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-09-2002, 09:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Don't think those places were there when I was there. You'd have to bring your musket if you argued with some of these good ole boys. Anyway I know about you New Englanders propensity for discourse! By the way my mother-in-law is Lithuanian and very Bostonian accent also married to a Southern Alabama gent who takes my side from time to time another retired vet Lt. Col Navy. Too long in the North and military though. But he gets strength around me. Ma can't say her r's at all. Try Royal Railroad runs round town fast 4 times and watch how fast you warble. That'll stop traffic!
Old 08-11-2002, 04:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey Andrew,

Will you hurry-the-hell-up and git yo young A$$ down heanh???

I needs all tha HELP I can GIT!

Judy---keep-a talkin gal----Meybe you'un's can korn-vince ol Andy ta "come-on-down"!!!

HAR. HAR.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Beau

Yes I said He should have taken them all back and I ment it. The US had a responcibility to take them back, They were brought here against there will and should be returned.
I don't belive there is any such thing as race. There are no Black people or white people or Red people or Yellow people. There are just different shades of Brown.
I took an Anthropology class in college and the first thing the instructor said to us was just that.
Personnaly, If I were a "Black" person living in America I would be happy that my ansestors were slaves. The alturnative would be that I would be born in Africa and now be starving.
I don't care what color people are, what matters is how they act.
People shouldn't be given or have anything taken from them because they are or are not a color.
Afurmative action is not right. unless you start with the NBA.
Ron
Old 08-12-2002, 05:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Well, now

Can we at least keep one in a Museum ?

You expressed your beliefs and that's Ok. I am sure there are many who agree and disagree with the views we each have.

(hell, there are a lot of hard and soft sciences that I consider barely Science, and Anthropology is one of them)

I grew up in the Livermore Valley where the major running water to cross, or plod through, was the Arroyo Creek --- I never been to Mexico. But I wouldn't mind having a fine Hacienda on the Pacific Ocean coastline --- a nice home with a veranda to stand on, and stare at some choice horses and decide which to ride that day; drink Tequilla, or the Pulkey --- get into a Life or Death Wristwrestling match using real deadly Scorpians tethered onto a Cantena table --- like Marlon Brando did with Chuey Medina in the movie, The Appaloosa: sounds good ---- the give and take of bicep and wrist --- the soon to lose Mateo (Mathew, played by Brando) decides to accelerate his inevitable loss to Medina: to postpone his death, by slamming his hand down open the Scorpion and crushing it to death --- but not before it has left a bit of poison Mateo's veins.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:28 PM

Default The Apaloosa

The poison of the Durango Scorpion is deadly....
Old 12-07-2002, 08:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Slaves

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g
Americans never went to Africa and went out in the jungles and found people to bring back. Africans sold people to Americans to bring back to America. Freeing people from slavery was the right thing for Lincoln to do, but he should have taken them all back afterwards. Then they could have gotten in this country the same as the rest, (across the Rio grande).
Did I say all that out loud?
Ron

... The question was axed in the "Black" post (December 2002) about my "... send them back to Africa" ID ... this is where I extracted it, but this is probably open to interpretation --- I'm sure.

... I have to remember that this is a Virtual community and that the reference to getting into this country "across the Rio grande" (aka "Wetbacks") is also open to interpretation and Virtual humor.

... However, if I, being one of the few ethnic minorities and the father of one (Coast Guard Vets... are a different matter) compile all statments on various boards, and am expected to buy into the "same mud... same blood" idea --- nope... something is not right here and I am not a "whining" minority.

Robert
Old 12-07-2002, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Let's not forget

The Confederate battle flag has the cross of St. Andrew on it, same as the Union Jack. Maybe the whole Civil War was a British conspiracy. By the way if you want to be really confused, do a Google search on Black Confederate Veterans. They used to have reunions, wearing their gray uniforms. Then there was Thomases Legion, a Confederate unit that played havoc around here, made up entirely of Cherokee Indians. Yep, scalped a few "homegrown Yankees." Beau is right, slavery still exists in this country. I think it is mostly in New York City in illegal immigrant sweat shops.