Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Try again

Here is my son portaging
Old 07-22-2003, 03:57 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Doc...sorry to have missed you while you were here. I take the family up along the North Shore at least once every summer. Kids have gotten so they are bored with it, but the wife still looks forward to the trip each year. Come again when you can stay longer, you always have a dry cot and warm meal waiting!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Trav, have you ever gone up the Gunflint Trail? There is a little restaurant there called Trail's End, I think. You talk about a breakfast. The pancakes are the size of large pizzas and free if you can eat three. (Hasn't happened yet, my son ate 1 1/2) The sausage is two very delicious bratwursts. Everything is good.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Doc

Just great pictures. Makes me want to put that on my "If I were going" list. But I have a question. Will Annette and I have to be doing things like that in Limestone? Carrying a canoe? Annette usually pays some kid to put her bags in the car.

By the way, in one picture you identified yourself as, "The one in the yellow hat sitting in the chair". Doc? I believe your retired MOS is: Yellow hat, one each, sitting in a chair, smiling, M1946.
If I see anyone sitting in a chair with a yellow hat, or standing with a long green frog it's always, "Hey look, there's Doc".

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I took the frog up there but not on the canoe part. Didn't have any wind at the right time. Now, down here you have a choice: either carry the canoe or go right by the dueling banjos, boy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fourth.jpg (29.7 KB, 67 views)
Old 07-24-2003, 05:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool DOC

Looks like a great time was had by all. It's amazing how much work we're willing to do in the name of "FUN."

You'll enjoy meeting Larry. He's a real nice guy. One thing, though. He seemed to enjoy cruisin' The Castro in San Francisco a little TOOOO much .

Larry: Thanks for the thoughtful card, Bud. Come back soon.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:01 AM

Default 1CAVCC015MED

Where is Moose Lake? I grew up with a paddle in my hand, tripping the Manitowish Waters and Flambeau Flowage of Wisconsin's North Woods.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Moose is up on the Canadian border. We went into the easternmost part of the Boundary Water. There is a line of lakes up there, Mountain, Moose and Upper Fowl.