The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2003, 07:39 AM

OK now you guys are giving away way too many secrets. I always thought he could hear me...........

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2003, 11:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Amen on the stressor letter. The CMB is stressor enough. It puts you in a faster category than those without the aforementioned awards. I think you still have to send one but just make it a paragraph giving places and dates of action. If you don't know for sure, just say approximately when. One important thing, part of the rating for PTSD is based upon the fact you are recieving treatment for it. Go back to the psych guy and get hooked up. I go once every six months for prescription refills. After that, I would advise getting hooked up nat a Vet's Center (Very non-hassel). You can't be considered disabled for PTSD unless you are being treated for it. The therapists are the people the VA ratings people depend on to tell them how bad it is.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:39 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Sid

Ya done good. Keep on keeping on. There are few thing better than helping a brother.

I'm at 160% so it don't mean nothing but I never did get anything for tinnitus. Usually didn't wear the CVC helmet on an APC but rather the head set that only covered one ear. On the ground wore a bush hat or nothing (on my head). Definitely fire more than 50,000 rounds from a .50 or M-60. hello?

BillR, I checked the site you posted regarding things that prove you have PTSD, I have 4 of them. Have four of the decorations you posted (three of one and 2 of another, just one of the other two). However, I'm still at 30% for PTSD and they will not raise that unless I checked in for the 2 week evaluation. Checking in means I loose my right to own firearms. I Need my weapons! But like I said, at 160%, don't need it.

A hearing aid? Will be married 33 years this August. Why in hell would I want a hearing aid????????????

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 06-19-2003, 01:21 PM

Andy, I don't know the laws in your State but just checking in for PTSD does not cause you to lose your right to keep and bear firearms. If you collect S.S. you might have a problem with ATF buying a new or used firearms if you are 100% PTSD but it is only a delay. You do lose your right to own firearms if you are COMMITED at any time. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs down ArtySgt

Here in the People's Republic if a person is a patient at a mental facility for 48 hours or more they must turn in their License to Carry (hand guns) and/or FID card (long guns).
Five years after the stay, ordered or volunteer, the person is again able to get a weapons permit but only with a Psyche's letter saying the person is not a threat to use the weapon to harm others or himself. Good luck getting a letter like that!
Our firearms laws are a tad more restrictive than those in other states.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: I receive 30% for PTSD. The VA around here will not increase that % without a two week evaluation.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mass...

....has "the" toughest laws regarding firarms, I thought...

...don't even bring a hand gun to Mass, registered or not, go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200,00 dollars, one year in jail before you get a phone call...

...It's a respected law, and i like it, you have to earn your right to possess any firearm, and keep it, but our jails are not big enough to enforce such a law here...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-20-2003, 04:09 AM
Doc.2/47

Seems to me that our forefathers fought and bled to give us a country and a Constitution that states that "...the right of the People to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed."Most of us here have sworn to "...protect and defend the constitution...".I have ZERO respect (and considerable malice) for any alleged "law",person,or group of people who would deny American citizens the rights they are guarantied under the constitution.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs down Doc2/47

More reason to disrespect our weapons laws. Two years ago another additional law was passed regarding weapons permits. Anyone who was ever convicted of domestic violence (even before it was called that) has no right to keep and bare arms.
A friend of mine who was a guard at a jail for 25 years and a real hunter just lost his weapons license and had to dispose of his weapons. When he was 20 he had a wife who liked sex, a lot. It wasn't cock-a-do-dal-do, it was any-cock-will-do. He caught her satisfying her urges, beat up the guy and punched her in the mouth. He was arrested for assault and battery on his wife. He did a guilty plea, paid a fine and filed for divorce. 30 years later, he got a call from the PD saying, come to the station with all your weapons and permits.
This retroactive law is being fought in the courts but so far has not been overturned.
There are another set of laws that I hate. In Cleveland (for example) they have a law that says if a cop smells liquor on your breath he can issue a $50. ticket. It's not driving under the influence, just he can smell liquor - as in one drink. However in several other states this counts as a prior conviction for operating under. In many states, mine included, a second offense is mandatory jail. Of course most people do not realize a violation of a city ordinance which only requires the payment of a small fine is a "prior conviction". Yes drinking and driving is a bad thing, so is hitting your wife but I'd think there would be a lot more trials if people knew what sort of consequences there are.
Sorry, I know this is off the subject.
Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 06-20-2003, 07:55 PM

Andy, no such laws regarding M.H. treatment in Virginia unless you are commited by a judge. If you punch your wife, you stand to lose your right to firearms for one year. Damn shame the way some states run over peoples rights, but thats because the people let them, I.H.O.