The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2003, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Big South Fork Recreation Area is nice. It is Southwestern terrain with Eastern vegetation. There are stone spires, natural bridges, sand caves. Purty nice but for all the deer flies and chiggers. Chomp Chomp
Old 12-03-2003, 04:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Volunteers of America

Thanks all you Volunteers
I'll actually be doing the reverse of a trip I did in '77 when I drove from east to west down your state coming in from Ashville, NC. I was working offshore out of Venice and Morgan City Louisiana, living in Algiers, and I took a trip up to Knoxville to see my brother who was fininshing his Phd at UT Knoxville.
A shame but I was totally oblivious to the CW `at thetime, didn't see any sights. But I did see Nashville and Memphis--a few days after I was in Memphis, Elvis died
Wow it would be great to have one big "Patriotfiles Southern style" Party, If I threw one in some central place would anyone come? Also I'm going to bragg to see the 82d, the Rnger memorial and Benning to tour the jump school, get some pictures--anybody else wanna go?

James
Old 12-03-2003, 04:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Couple Psyco Vets are ready to have a campout in 04 ifin you get around here James. Sounds like a good idea
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Doc.2/47

Never been known to turn down a party or a campout just stuck with workin long night shifts Thur. through Sun. which makes it kinda hard for me to party when other folks want to.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James :

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure Topp and I are interested. Topp and I finally got together today at his school. Just another wonderful person I have met thru this board. We all have so much to be thankful for !! Praise God !!

Larry
Old 12-03-2003, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Party?

Did someone say party? A date, I need a to know when. Where would we be meeting? Please give directions from Limestone.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 12-03-2003, 11:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

We have had a couple campouts on Corps of Engineer campgrounds on Lake Lanier northeast of Atlanta and it's easy to get to Atlanta.April would be a good month to camp here. We can reserve campsites and take over an area. Fred , Frank , Gimpy , Sid and a bunch of local Psyco vets have been there and had a great time. Lets book it Danno !
Old 12-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Doc.2/47

Don't know if it would be better or worse as far as being centrally located,but there is a very nice TVA campground on Normandy Lake about 3 miles from my house.April is usually prime for fishing in my neck of the woods.If I could figure out how to work this dang new-fangled digital camera thingie the in-laws gave us and send pictures over the net I'd post some.Just a thought.